Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
Purchased a second hand 2013 z1000 from dealers. Was running well until all of a sudden, the bike started to shudder and lurching in first gear and engine would cut out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dr, good to be here. Quicker back on the road the better we will both be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have checked service manual. Etc. I brought from a dealer. Took it back to them stating was an issue. They had it for a week and said they do I d no issue. Road for about 20mins. Same issue. Taking back to dealers while still have warranty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Weird problems like that I always start with the fuel. Did you fill the tank recently? Some gas stations have really old fuel tanks and if a truck just delivered gas to a place it stirs up all kinds of sediment and causes all kinds of issues. Only to bikes mind you. Not cars for some reason. We had a station in our town that was notorious for really bad sediment in the tanks. Got so frequent we we ended up having to tell our customers to avoid this station altogether. Anyway, I'd try replacing the fuel. Cheep and easy to start with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts