Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing my fit seals on my 2013 z1000 and I wondered what fork oil I should go with. What weight do they come with factory? I weight around 200# and I’m a fairly aggressive rider. I’d also like it to be pretty comfy riding if possible so I’m thinking factory weight would be about right?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Tmgoutlaw25
How did the process go?

I need to do the same for mine. How did you support the bike during the fork removal?

I've set an appt with the dealership to do this but remembered all my mods up front and thought better of it. Would like to remove the forks myself. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I put a hook in the ceiling of the garage, and hung it from the bars with a ratchet strap. But I'm a master hack..

..heck I suspended a yz250f on its side 4' off the ground trying to extract a errant clutch rod ball that got loose in the engine. I GOT IT!m air compressor and magnet JB welded to the end of a coathanger! like i said..maaster hack getter done

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I like your style! I have a pull-up bar attached to the ceiling in the garage and thought of doing that. Was also thinking of a center stand w/ a center pin to lift but that would be more $.

I like the strap idea.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
This is what you need in the Living Room Koggs, next time a Deer lands on your bike - you will need a basin to catch all the blood first though, don't want to pass the wife off.

I am supposed to be selling the bike but everytime I look at her, I hook up the gopros & am awol for 300 miles.

Is 10k the magic mark for a 2016 fork oil replacement?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
dunno but mine are WAY past due. (11k mi)

We like fried opossum :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Tmgoutlaw25
How did the process go?

I need to do the same for mine. How did you support the bike during the fork removal?

I've set an appt with the dealership to do this but remembered all my mods up front and thought better of it. Would like to remove the forks myself. Any help would be great!
you use a headstock stand, see image below. I believe the Z1000 uses a 14mm pin, but most stands should come with a variety of pins. If you're in LA you can have mine for $50, I'm trying to get one of those pit-bull combination stands that has both headstock and fork bottom options.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Ungarisch,

I have the most expensive Pit Bull Stand that is brand new, never used - is that what you need?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Nice! TY Ungarisch. I was thinking of heading down to the local Cycle Gear to buy one of those. I live just a little north of you -Oregon! -but thanks anyway.

Looks like a doable job for my (less than) mad wrenching skillz.

Did you take the forks in to have them done? Do you remember the cost? -tnx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts