Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replaced my exhaust Y pipe to smaller diameter compared last owner did 58mm all the way to rear silence, today got the very good fuel consumption average 46 mpg , lot improved ! Satisfied feeling

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine guzzles! The dam upside down pyramid fuel tank sure doesn't help keep me from running out of gas before the next town either. Once the fuel gauge hits halfway, start looking for a gas station or else! The one thing I hate about the gen 3's.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Use the RANGE Feature on your speedo - tells you how many miles on average you have until empty.

32 mpg right now on a 2016

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know if that is good or bad - around town - I certainly didn't buy the bike to save the Planet ...
Lol that’s it doc ! I just know I get around 200 km per tank but hammering my throttle all the time and over the speed limit most of the time
I just put gas back on her and keep riding, it’s cheaper than my V8 anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I have a 6.0liter Chevy V8 in my RV.

About 9mpg.

I am averaging 29 - 35 racing around the city.

My IXIL SX1 Full Exhaust has just started to break in & sing, a lot of gas is wasted pissing on the Cagers & other Bikes with throttle challenges ...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sure cheaper then V8 , one of the thirsty machine ! What’s your V8 ?
I have a Lincoln Aviator and my mustang 95 and my winter drive my Jeep 95 but she is 4.0 liter in-line 6. My car are old ones but fully rebuilt by myself on the Lincoln I did the engine in my drive way, the mustang I rebuilt engine, suspension, manual tranny, shocks everything and the Jeep I bought a used engine and swap it last fall she is running nice but I am rebuilding the old engine to swap it when this one dyes but not for now hehehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts