Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did that and the estimate was at least $400... that is getting close to the price of Arrows collectors. Most shops don't even want to work on such thing.

I was hoping to find something cheap enough to be worth for the weight savings and better sound alone. I know stock headers are quite restrictive so I don't expect much power gain with the Y pipe

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I did that and the estimate was at least $400... that is getting close to the price of Arrows collectors. Most shops don't even want to work on such thing.

I was hoping to find something cheap enough to be worth for the weight savings and better sound alone. I know stock headers are quite restrictive so I don't expect much power gain with the Y pipe
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of places are leery of the legal implications of removing a catalytic converter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I finished the Y-pipe and ran the bike on the dyno with the factory mufflers.

At first I was disappointed with the .3 HP gain but I'm verry pleased with the HP torque gains in the mid range.

The noise level is very nice, not nearly as loud as a full system but definitely a nice increase and a good tone and saves 12+/- pounds.

Stock exhaust

Here is the jig I built

My Y pipe

Did you need to tune your bike after the install?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Did you need to tune your bike after the install?
Repair hasn't been around here in a while.

We seem to have lost the ability to see other threads he created, but you may want to read through this one more thoroughly.

Also, give Ivan's performance a call. They can set you up with a tune by mail.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts