Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
12lbs is a lot to cut down for less than the cost of 1 slipon. Plus it sounds better and looks better.
buy the full system skip a few meals (or just put down the fork earlier at every meal, an all round improvement I think You'll find!!

Only kidding it just seems like a lot of hassle to save a few lbs, I know its all about the power to weight ration but a couple of horses here and a couple of lbs there ?? unless you are cutting seconds off a lap time does it really matter? The main reason I did the full system was for the noise, I love a bike to sound throaty, a nice deep raspy sound, the extra bhp and losing a few lbs was just a bonus for me, each to their own I guess.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Im looking for the cosmetic and tone improvement for cheap. The cheapest set of pipes would be the arrow collectors for $650.

Although, I have noticed that everyone who has gutted their exhaust or done their own mod to achieve this (3rd gen) has gone to a full system...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I was a navigator in a rally car for a couple of seasons and I remember the guy who owned the car spent hundreds of ££££ on light weight bolts and bits of carbon fibre, in the end I had to say to him, "Dude I weight 200lbs wouldnt it be far easier to get a small light weight navigator"??
My input on this thread is not a personal attack on peoples weight/size, I am fairly hefty, but I just think I would hold out for the full system.

·
Super Moderator
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I appreciate the work you have undertaken and its obviously to a high standard but it would basically seem that all that effort has gone into saving 12lbs? I would save 12lbs if I skipped breakfast! I think you will appreciate the full system much more and especially if you gonna go with the PCV and a custom map.
And we would be better looking if we wore a bag over our faces....:lol:

I didn't want the extra sound because it hurts my ears, it's not the money I just liked the idea of a freer flowing exhaust, if you would use it with slipons you should see a HP increase.

BTW I just finnised bolting on my new exhaust. :eek:ccasion:

·
Registered
522 Posts
New system...

And we would be better looking if we wore a bag over our faces....:lol:

I didn't want the extra sound because it hurts my ears, it's not the money I just liked the idea of a freer flowing exhaust, if you would use it with slipons you should see a HP increase.

BTW I just finnised bolting on my new exhaust. :eek:ccasion:
YOu got the new Akropovic on already?....Took me 2 weeks to get mine!:lol:

·
Super Moderator
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Hhha.

I cant imagine how much money id spend if i had to look at bikes IN PERSON all day every day.
It would be a lot! :lol: don't ask how I know. :eek:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The accessories in the shops were my downfall while working there. Even with an employee discount. There were many occasions where my check was a negative number.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I am interested in a custom map..... what might that set me back Repair?

·
Super Moderator
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Are you bringing your bike to the shop?
I had thought about it, its a long haul. but not many dyno places around here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm interested too. Had my heart set on on dual Akrapovic full system, but my wallet says no. Be nice to find an inexpensive alternative.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts