Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ninja 650R gets a major overhaul, while the Ninja 1000 and Vulcan 1700 Voyager receive updates

It’s a year of significant updates for four existing Kawasaki models. The headlining news is the ZX-14R mega-sportbike, using a bigger, more powerful engine and receiving hundreds of other revisions to finally leave Suzuki’s Hayabusa in the rearview mirror. So much was changed it deserved its own article you should read here.

But Kawasaki’s R&D department has been busy upgrading other streetbikes in its lineup, including a significantly updated Ninja 650R, ABS added as an option on the Ninja 1000, and the Vulcan 1700 Voyager is equipped with an innovative heat-management system.

More: 2012 Kawasaki Street Models Updates on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Well dangit, I had just read in MOTORCYCLIST that there was rumor of a supercharger going on the 14 along with the larger displacement..... Pipe dreams I guess.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The BURGER KING? No one cares about Suzuki...... :lol:

·
Registered
575 Posts
I know that they are touting the new ZX 14 R. However, the more I read about it, the more I want a 2012 ZX10R. I don't care about the ergos, the fairing, the race-replica stigma, etc.
Technology is way cool...and you can't touch that performace in any other bike for the price.
I don't know how do I explain the sale of the Z1k to the spouse 4 mos. after she signed off on the purchase, or the added $3k to buy the ZX10R, but I am working on a strategy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know that they are touting the new ZX 14 R. However, the more I read about it, the more I want a 2012 ZX10R. I don't care about the ergos, the fairing, the race-replica stigma, etc.
Technology is way cool...and you can't touch that performace in any other bike for the price.
I don't know how do I explain the sale of the Z1k to the spouse 4 mos. after she signed off on the purchase, or the added $3k to buy the ZX10R, but I am working on a strategy.
Good luck with that one :lol: I do hope it works out for ya though :eek:ccasion:

I sat on one a little while ago and I like the ZX10r but the insurance has this family man out. I do not want to add a 1700.00 insurance bill to the budget. :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like the new 14 too, but I want a bike that can turn. I don't use my Z1000's power as it is. :)

I really like the new 650... would make a great commuter bike.

Rob

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I like the new 14 too, but I want a bike that can turn. I don't use my Z1000's power as it is. :)

I really like the new 650... would make a great commuter bike.

Rob
yeah theres alot of changes to the ninja 650. really like the new green color.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
yeah the 2012 zx10r is awesome, has traction control. with 194 crank hp, u need it. with the ram air effect motorcyclist says 204 crank hp. how can u not like this sexy bike?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
my bud has a B KING no hype. the most bad as* standard sit up naked ever made. maybe not PURDY but one great bike.
Its like sitting atop a whale! It makes no difference to me if it has a Haybus engine or not. ITS FAT! I Still like the Star Vmax better, its a cruiser; not a naked, but its not pretending to be a supermodel with a "biggest loser" contestants body either. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
on the B KING V MAX subject. my friend has both a B KING and a NEW V MAX. last year we were at our FAV safe place to do some 30 MPH 2 nd gear roll on races. i was on the V MAX and he was on the B KING. the V MAX won every race up to our shut off speed of around 120 mph. the MAX always pulled away and kept pulling away. i have no dog in the fight i like them both. the looks of the B KING fade away pretty fast when you ride the thing. that busa engine is so smooth and has major balls. you can ride it all day.

·
Registered
575 Posts
In my prior life, (read before children) I had a V-max. Prior to that, had a Honda V-65 Magna. Both were great bikes. The Honda made 115 plus HP, while the VMax had about 25 more than that. Big, beautiful and fast. Like I have said, most of the roads here are straight, so what you gave up in handling you more than made up for in straight line power.

Also, at that time, sport bikes were the rage (remember the Hurricane and the Katana?), Harley was just coming back to life, and the fake Harleys did not exist yet. Both were somewhat unique, and stood out at our usual spots.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The Vmax has been, and will always be a standard bike. It's a big sucker...but a cruiser, it is not. :D
Power Cruiser, Muscle bike,
Don't they call those things 'power cruisers' ? Twice the power of a typical cruiser and 10X as ugly.
Yes on the Power Cruiser, but I like the looks of the new VMax. I would settle for a 1985 ZL900 Kawasaki Eliminator though. I have ridden one and it is a fast mo-sheen!

on the B KING V MAX subject. my friend has both a B KING and a NEW V MAX. last year we were at our FAV safe place to do some 30 MPH 2 nd gear roll on races. i was on the V MAX and he was on the B KING. the V MAX won every race up to our shut off speed of around 120 mph. the MAX always pulled away and kept pulling away. i have no dog in the fight i like them both. the looks of the B KING fade away pretty fast when you ride the thing. that busa engine is so smooth and has major balls. you can ride it all day.
I am not trying to discredit the speed/agility of the bking, just saying that its huge, ugly and the fat tank makes it uncomfortable to me.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
In my prior life, (read before children) I had a V-max. Prior to that, had a Honda V-65 Magna. Both were great bikes. The Honda made 115 plus HP, while the VMax had about 25 more than that. Big, beautiful and fast. Like I have said, most of the roads here are straight, so what you gave up in handling you more than made up for in straight line power.

Also, at that time, sport bikes were the rage (remember the Hurricane and the Katana?), Harley was just coming back to life, and the fake Harleys did not exist yet. Both were somewhat unique, and stood out at our usual spots.
i always thought that V 65 MAGNA TV clip doing the wild burn out was very cool.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts