Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help!

I have owned a ZR750 for a long time and now I have been looking for a new bike.I ride about 60 miles a day ,all highway and love the looks of the new Z1000. Now they throw this new Z1000SX in the picture.Is it coming to the USA? Every bike I have owned has been a naked bike,and I love to ride,ask my wife,but I am getting older and I thing some wind protection might be better for me.I like the looks of both of these bikes.What to do?:confused:

·
Registered
875 Posts
your staeling my thunder. and it's concours. i had one once. i'll take my z over it any day. i like the wind.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The Z1000SX is being presented by Kawasaki as a modern day useable superbike like the GPZ900 and ZZR1100 and is basically a fully-faired version of the Z1000 naked bike with the same 128bhp, 1043cc inline four-cylinder motor.
That means the same 128bhp with a smooth and grunty power output, the same cast alloy frame, front 41mm forks and horizontally-mounted rear shock. The twin exhaust system is the same, the brakes are identical 300mm petal-style twin front brakes with four-piston radial calipers.
Full picture gallery of 2011 Kawasaki Z1000SX - | Motorbike reviews | Latest Bike Videos | MCN

·
Registered
875 Posts
that's a lot of plastic. one of the reasons i got rid of the rex was weight. guess i'll just keep mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It ain't no concours. I am a 2010 z owner coming from a 2008 concours. Trust me, it does not compare in comfort or for long trips. sorry to break it to you guys.

·
Registered
875 Posts
jet, i rode an 09 concours, before i bought my 2010 z the bike was too big for me. the power didn;t come on soon enough either. i'm 54 and like tp play at slower rpm's. yhe z fits me better right now. if i should find a woman who'll put up with me, i would consider concours. unless she had her own z. too much too hope for.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
875 Posts
we're all in the minority. the 2010's didn't do so well either. why do you think so many of us on here got such a good deal. i couldn't have paid sticker for my bike. but they made me an offer i couldn't refuse. zrx's had the same story. nakeds are a hard sell here. but with many bikers getting a little long in the tooth maybe that will change. i may be old but i still like that power.:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
752 Posts
If you ask me, I think it is FUGLY.

It looks like someone crashed their Z1000 and threw on the front fairing of a Ninja zx10. The bars and fairings remind me of the look of the new GS500 from Suzuki - cheap. The fairings look like an afterthought...

Kawasaki Designer: "Geez, I cant seem to come up with any new designs this year... Hey wait a sec! Lets throw some fairings on our best selling naked bike, thus completely destroying the point of a naked bike!!"

The thing is downright ugly and cheap looking. Thats just my opinion....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts