Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lowering link installation

I just bought a 2010 Z1000, I ordered the soupy lowering link to lower the seat today. Do you have any advise for the installation or something I have to watch out for? I plan to lower the seat 2".

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Its pretty straight forward. I have the roaring toyz link but id imagine soupys is the same. Use a floor jack under the bike while its on a rear stand. Lift the susp just enough to take the load off the link. comes right off, easy. Took me 30 mins total start to finish.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lowering link for 2010 Z1000

Can I lower the seat by 2" without interfering with the (horizontal) spring that is above the triangular link? From what I understand, extending the lowering link will lower the seat, but I am fraid that the extended lowering link (soupy) will push the triangular link up, and the triangular link will hit the spring above it. This spring is horizontal and is under the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lowering front tube

Thank you for your advise!
If I want to lower the front of the bike by allowing the front tube to stick up 1 1/4" as you described in your earlier thread, is this an easy operation? Can you free the clamp for the front tube easily?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts