Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having major issues with my bike. First it was that wind was a big issue and i was able to resolve that. Now I am realizing that the seat is simply sloped too far forward so when i wear jeans i get a wedgy every time. The seat design is very impracticle IMO. The rear half of the seat is like a ramp and the second half is straight. Does anyone have this problem and are there any solutions? Anyone know of a straight seat?

Second major issue is the LCD display. Seriously? 80% of the time I simply cant see clearly the display guages. If the sun is in the right place then no problems, but its a serious PITA. Any solutions to this?

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could have it...

custom "shaved" to your liking similar to what they do to motocross seats. If it's the same as the 2011 ninja I believe there is enough padding to "flatten" it out a bit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 03 is same way

Older bike then yours but im going to do 636 forks which are I guess 1-2" longer...Which should raise me the inch plus I need to level the bike off...

The display I noticed is sun related....I thought maybe of taking the guage and rotating it up a half inch to get more daylight.....

·
Registered
779 Posts
I angled my display once to the right angle and haven't touched it since, as for the seat, I sort of have a similar problem. I don't tend to notice it 'till the end of the day, but I sit pretty far forward on the tank as opposed to the rear. The Ninja 1000 seat is definitely flatter, but I don't think it fits on the Z. I'll check on my brother's bike tomorrow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You can buy a sargant seat costs $$$, i like sitting up at the tank when im carving corners, and slightly back when cruising. Also dont get to see the gauges too much concentrating on the road...:eek:ccasion:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have my guages on the top hole & no probs seeing it...as for the seat....easy fix Snake skin will stop you sliding forward...cheap & easy mod & protects your tank from scratches/rub marks too :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
I would try and find someone local to rework your seat. Do a google search on "a great day to ride dot com" they also fix seats. As far as the guages try putting it on the highest setting, you still will get some relfecting but not as bad as the lowest setting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
had same problem with my Z and bought a corbon seat. 300 out the door fits great and feels 100% better I can finaly ride for more than an a hour

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it possible to replace that orange plastic cover on the display? Do you think a clear plastic would make the difference?

As for the seat, I may take it to a local upholsterer and see if they can shave it off a bit. Is the Corbin seat actually flatter or just more comfortable? I dont have much problem with the comfort of the seat actually, it just makes my jeans ride up and its effing annoying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts