Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, i’ve Got a very slight oil leak coming from this bolt. Has anyone had this before or know of it? Dorry for the **** photos, it’s a hard angle.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Can't help you there. Never had a leak on my 3 zeds under normal operation that is. Untill 2 crashed.

Maybe Ungarisch knows, as he rides a 2010 model aswell. JohnJuan has tons of knowledge too!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I don't know. Mine hasn't leaked from there.

Are you absolutely sure that bolt is the source of the leak and not maybe the valve cover gasket?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know. Mine hasn't leaked from there.

Are you absolutely sure that bolt is the source of the leak and not maybe the valve cover gasket?

That and below it is the only place I can see oil ? No drips onto the exhaust Though ?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Looks like that's one of the bolts that holds your engine cases together.

You could check its torque against the manual, here:

Clean up the area, put some talcum powder or baking powder on it, and go for a ride or run it a little while, the oil should stand out against the powder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like that's one of the bolts that holds your engine cases together.
View attachment 84651

You could check its torque against the manual, here:

Clean up the area, put some talcum powder or baking powder on it, and go for a ride or run it a little while, the oil should stand out against the powder.

Thanks pal,

That’s really helpful , I’ll have a flick through and the torque setting I need , I don’t want to snap the bolt. I’ll try the powder first.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts