Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to swap out my 2010 z1000 handlebar with an aftermarket of higher quality. Does anyone know what the factory rise and sweep is? I want to keep the ergos the way they are. Suggestions on direct replacements are welcome.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm looking to swap out my 2010 z1000 handlebar with an aftermarket of higher quality. Does anyone know what the factory rise and sweep is? I want to keep the ergos the way they are. Suggestions on direct replacements are welcome.

Hey - ANYONE got any information on this? I too need to replace my bars, and I am wondering what the stock dimensions are... Rise, sweep, overall diameter of the bars, etc.

ANYONE??? :eek:

:dontknow:

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Go to PJparts.com and look at the Rizoma bars for the 2010 Z1000

·
Registered
314 Posts
good question

The stock bars are low quality and need to be replaced?

I understand the desire to change the geometry a little, but to what benefit do you get from changing to an aftermarket bar of the same geometry?
Hmm,I'd like to know that too:2cents:

·
Registered
752 Posts
The stock bars are low quality and need to be replaced?

I understand the desire to change the geometry a little, but to what benefit do you get from changing to an aftermarket bar of the same geometry?
I had a tip over. Right side bar is bent in towards the rider. I want to replace the bars with bars that are identical as far as riding position.

I could get OEM parts. But why pay $145 for OEM handlebars, when I can pay $120 and get sweet aftermarket Rizoma bars??

Make sense now? :eek:ccasion:

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Following I am now. jmk's comment was more the puzzling one. I thought there might be another benefit to it I wasn't seeing.
There is a benefit stock bars weigh 3lb after market bars weigh less than 1lb :2cents:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Benny, here is what I installed on my Renthal yama-Lows to help with the vibes. Street
They work great for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did lot of research on the stock bar measurements before I swapted mine out to the LSL Crossbar. I have long arms and feel more secure with a slight lean. LSL has a variety of bars to choose from. If you want to be trendy the Rizoma bars are a good match.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did lot of research on the stock bar measurements before I swapted mine out to the LSL Crossbar. I have long arms and feel more secure with a slight lean. LSL has a variety of bars to choose from. If you want to be trendy the Rizoma bars are a good match.
those look nice. what did you do for barends? are you using stock levers?

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Any of you guys that have changed them find you get any more/less vibes through the bars? I'm tempted to change my whole bar/grips/ends/mirror situation to something more aesthetically pleasing and functional.
You have to remember 2010 and up Z1000 have hard mounted bars,pegs ect, where the ninja & older Z1000 don't, they have rubber mounted bars & pegs. I love to feel the motor when i hit the gas,its not annoying but power. the Rizoma mb00a8 is perfect for the Z1000 :2cents:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts