Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there any Mechanical differences between the 2010 Z1000 and the 2011 Z1000,other then the paint schemes and wheels....2010 is a New motor,where there any "Teething Problems",with this NEW motor that they Fixed with the 2011 model,... THX ED

·
Registered
779 Posts
There were a few minor recalls on the 2010 model that were rectified on the 2011. One relating to the front brake lines and the possibility of them wearing through under hard braking.

There was a minor alteration to the front fork seals.

Slightly different tank rubber mounts.

I can't say with 100% certainty that those changes were a world wide thing, but those are the recalls/Factory modifications we had in Australia on the 2010.

As yet, I haven't heard of anything on the 2011. Those issues, at least in Australia, only related to a very early run on Z1K's and most 2010 models will have received the changes, although, I can't confirm dates.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were a few minor recalls on the 2010 model that were rectified on the 2011. One relating to the front brake lines and the possibility of them wearing through under hard braking.

There was a minor alteration to the front fork seals.

Slightly different tank rubber mounts.

I can't say with 100% certainty that those changes were a world wide thing, but those are the recalls/Factory modifications we had in Australia on the 2010.

As yet, I haven't heard of anything on the 2011. Those issues, at least in Australia, only related to a very early run on Z1K's and most 2010 models will have received the changes, although, I can't confirm dates.
THX Benny,can you elaborate more on the fork seals,were they leaking on the 2010's...and the brake lines,were there any recalls?

·
Registered
779 Posts
No leaking as far as I know. I think it was more a precautionary thing.

I don't have any specific details. Just a mate with a very early 2010 model that had some factory recalls.

Like I said, all the changes were standard fitment on the bulk of 2010 models, at least in Australia.

·
Registered
575 Posts
From everything that I read, there were no substantive changes between the 2010 and 2011. Engine, brakes, etc., remain the same.
The difference (for me) was the $$$ I saved taking the 2010 leftover, as opposed to the dealer ordering or locating a 2011.

·
Registered
134 Posts
How can you be sure that you don't get an early 2010 model??

I have my eye on the 2011 (all black of course) in the near future, but for the price i would just pic up a black/silver 2010 and paint the silver plastics black- as long as i could be sure it wasn't one of the early 2010s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts