Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am building a gen2 after someone crashed it.

I was wondering:

Does the instrument from a 2008 ABS fit a normal wire loom without ABS?

Does an instrument from a 2003-2006 fit the 2008?

I need new foot controls (rearset), does any rearset fit from any other Kawasaki (ZX636?) ?

Thanks for any advice :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi Daniel!

I don't know about either of these, sorry. I'd probably bet up to $50 that it would fit, but not more than $100. Is the ABS the only dash that's available?

I would not expect the 2003 dash to work with the 2008 bike.

I would not expect the rearset from the '03 to fit the '08. 03 rearsets include passenger pegs, and '08 rearsets do not.

If I had an 08, and my rearset was broken, I'd probably get a set of Chinese ones off ebay or aliexpress, and remove all the bolts, put thread-locker on them, and replace. Then I would install. I'd probably get 2 sets, just in case.

-John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Daniel!

I don't know about either of these, sorry. I'd probably bet up to $50 that it would fit, but not more than $100. Is the ABS the only dash that's available?

I would not expect the 2003 dash to work with the 2008 bike.

I would not expect the rearset from the '03 to fit the '08. 03 rearsets include passenger pegs, and '08 rearsets do not.

If I had an 08, and my rearset was broken, I'd probably get a set of Chinese ones off ebay or aliexpress, and remove all the bolts, put thread-locker on them, and replace. Then I would install. I'd probably get 2 sets, just in case.

-John

Thanks for the reply. I might have an ABS instrument on hand for a very reasonable price :)

About the rearsets, I was wondering about the ones from the Ninja 636, but I have looked at a couple from china so Im probably going for one of those.

Daniel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts