Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I bought an arrow header from a 2015 z1000 and I want to fit it to my 2007 z1000. The header is bent. Can you suggest something to replace the header please. Can other bike's header be fitted?
Thanks for helping.:wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Go to the arrow site... All the parts are individually listed. You can buy any part you want. I've ordered parts for mine with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The only way you'll get aftermarket headers on a 2007 model is to have a custom set made... A lad on our uk forum did... I don't think they cost any more than an arrow set...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard that you can fit a ZX9 header to a 07. Is that true? Do you need any modifications? And what year could you fit?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Never heard of that mod before but... That I would guess would have the same bore as oem... Which would be pointless...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Zx9r header will work but you need to cut and weld the outlet pipe as the angle is wrong (re-clock the outlet). Zx9r headers are larger then the factory z1000 headers while also going 4-1 as opposed to the z1000 4-2-1. Makes for a nice cheap upgrade if you can do a little bit of cutting and welding. As an added bonus you drop a decent amount of weight by ditching one of the mufflers. You can also use aftermarket headers made for a gen1 as the header pipe routing is identical to the 07 z1000 (same with Zx9r minus the outlet). Only difference I found on those is the flanges that connect to the cylinder head diameter are too large. Not a hard fix though, machined down a few mm on a lathe was all it took. Quick searching around and there are not many of the aftermarket units left to be found though. 2015 headers will not work because they will not clear the oil filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts