Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bike has a brand new fuel pump assembly and new fuel pump relay. So I don't think its the fuel pump because when my fuel pump was dying the bike sounded like it was struggling to stay on like it was choking, this issue I'm having now it just turns right off a couple of times when it is cold outside even if I use the choke. Once I start it up the 2nd time it warms up and rides perfectly fine, never dies on me while riding. Just when I first start it. Any suggestions on what it could be? Please guys help a brotha out. Anyone?!?!?

· Registered
2013 Z1000
6 Posts
What oil you using? I’m sure someone on here will know the issue right away and that person is not me but if its only when it is really cold outside and only when the bike is still quite cold, oil weight could be partially responsible?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What oil you using? I’m sure someone on here will know the issue right away and that person is not me but if its only when it is really cold outside and only when the bike is still quite cold, oil weight could be partially responsible?
5w-40 wet clutch valvoline. I used the same oil the last owner used and never had an issue before.i did just get an oil change though. Also using a K&N filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts