Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My 161 run was on an eighty-five degree day with no wind. I needed new tires so I backed off. The Z1000 is not as nimble as my Ducati Monster that I use to have, but I think I enjoy riding the Z1000 more than the monster. I would like to buy a newer one. I have my eye on a 2011 Z1000 with 9k for $6500. Wife would go ape **** if I bought it though.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Not as a racer....inbetween racing on the mountain anything goes....no speed limits, one way traffic only...if you legally want ro find out how fast your bike/car goes on uk public roads...thars the place to do it...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That is cool as hell! I would like to do that before I die! But the Isle of Man is a long way from Michigan. Plus, in Michigan, the Police don’t come after you if you are riding over 125. No pursuit because of the danger to the rider.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Heh - yeah - its kinda like the nurburgring....on the road...you get into your own tussle's with whatever happens to be there at the time....cars, bikes, trikes, quads...whatever....a few years back while i was there on my RSV4 i caught up with a police M5 and as i passed them they were egging me on....brilliant..

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well, its all relative....theres always someone out there faster than you. Ive been 10 or so times and one thing i learned pretty quickly is dont try to follow someone whose quicker than you!....got passed a good few years back by a lad with is Mrs on the back on a gs1000 (really old one), with nobbly's cranked right over, one handed, rear metal sidecases dragging mid corner while gesturing (one handed) to get out the way...!

Had a lad following me on a street triple, not take the corner and leave the road, but when youre going over 130 on a one way road...y'cant go back...too dangerous....

If theres one thing going to the TT does....loads and loads of stories....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You will remember every one of those stories though. Especially the one with the Mrs on the back. That takes some stones.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Belzona 1511might work it can be machined and drilled once set ...liquid metal great stuff for a quick repair check it out ....

Applications for Belzona 1511 (Super HT Metal) include:
· High temperature epoxy repairs for process vessels, distillation columns, heat exchangers, clarifiers and scrubber units
· Repairs of cracks and holes on engine and pump casings, pipes, tanks and other equipment
· Resurface of pitted metal surfaces

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Smoke, thank you for the advice. I just ordered an engine with 20k on it yesterday. However, I will try that once I get the engine out. Never hurts to have a back up. And she is a solid engine for having 29k on her.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey jockod I seen an add on face book some aluminum rod that just need to be heat up even with a torch to cover holes and also welds, I never tried it myself but even they show a guy hammering a pice after welding it really hard. May be this will do you should try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I got a new(used) engine coming today. But, once I have the old one out, I may try that to have a back up engine. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks man. I just got my new engine yesterday. Time to get to work. But, once I have the old one out, I will try those aluminum rods. Never hurts to have a back up engine when you always are on the redline.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Got the engine in her and fired her up. Sounds even better than my old engine. Someone took care of this engine. Super clean inside.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yeah, I rode her last night. This engine is stronger than my old. Previous owner took good care of it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts