Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, in a bit of a bind here. After changing the oil, my oil pressure sensor wouldn’t go out, so I pulled the sensor. When putting it back in, I cracked the crankcase. When looking closer at the crack, it looks like a stone had weakened the area. Not an over torquing issue. I drained the oil and had it welded. Leaked after welded so I put some Teflon tape on sensor. Cracked again. Now I have been using JB Weld and it doesn’t seem to work. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix without a new crankcase and engine rebuild. Thanks.

·
Registered
761 Posts
No prob...as its a suggestion off the top of my head let me know if it works!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. It’s cracked good. Might be throwing in a whole engine. I am going to try one more time to fix it. Going to plug it with an aluminum epoxy and drill and tap it. If that doesn’t work, I am going to buy an engine. Still a good bike and I love her.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not sure about your bike, but on my son's 03 , after changing the oil and filter, like yours , oil light stayed on. A couple good blips with the throttle got it off. Maybe had an air bubble in there or something.

Mad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I now know to always let the oil warm up and fill that cavity where the oil sensor is mounted. The light will go out eventually. It only cost me an engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oooff! That IS cracked! A talented welder can probably weld a pre-drilled and tapped appendage over that orifice. You'd have to remove the motor and all the JB Weld though. Where there's a will there's a way...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have one last shot at repairing. I pulled the exhaust last night to give me a better angle of approach. If that doesn’t work, I am throwing a used engine in her. It’s a pretty quick Z when running. Has a header with a single Hindle pipe and a power commander. Had her to 161 last summer and she had more.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wow thats amazing. My gen 4 with a full system, k and n and a custom map only makes 146 at the wheel...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I get her back and running, I will take a pic of my go pro footage and put it on here. She had more for sure.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ah - 161 speed....just noticed....done 155 on mine with a bit to spare....but that was at the TT - only had one run over the mountain before the weather turned...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts