Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year i bought a 2003 z1000. So far it has been a great bike. I really like it. But im trying to find out if the factory exaust has a flapper? Cant seem to find any diagrams online. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Flapper? My x wife has one of those I think? I have an 03 and recently removed all the exhaust. Never saw anything but pipe and 150# of dead weight called cat converters. I had read that years ago but saw nothing of the sort on my z. There is a website I use for my kids dirt bikes. It has diagrams in detail for every bike I've needed parts for. I will check it out and see if they have our z's on there and post if so.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Last year i bought a 2003 z1000. So far it has been a great bike. I really like it. But im trying to find out if the factory exaust has a flapper? Cant seem to find any diagrams online. Can anyone help?
welcome to the forum...:welcome: theres no flapper in the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
weren't flappers from the 1920's?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i think 07 and up had them , more smog crap to go bad. around 2007 all the brands had to meet stricter smog and noise standards. they put on weight and lost power. kawasaki had to design a new engine for the 2010 to make enough power to meet all the smog standards and still be fun to ride. they did a pretty good job of it no doubt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts