Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello eveyone, new here on the z1000 forums.
Purchased a 2003 z1000 a month or so ago. Purchased the bike running but had the low pressure oil light on.
Bike started and sounded great!
Only ran about 5 seconds tops, did not want to damage anything.
To make a long story short the previous owner grenaded the clutch and replaced the clutch but did not clean out the oil pan and clutch friction disc sucked up in the oil pickup tube so it could not pickup oil.
Droped pan cleaned everything, inspected new clutch and put everything back together, installed new oil and filter and started. Oil light off in 2-3 seconds.
Bike runs great!
The problem i am having is when you start it up cold the engine is quite for3-4 minutes. When engine starts to get warn it has a tick, sounds like its coming fron left side of engine?
Also if i give it a little throttle and barley increase rpms it seems to go away.
Riding down the road at 55 it seems to be a little noisy?
Can anyone help shine some light on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hoo boy...
If the pickup screen was blocked, and the oil light was on, there's a really good chance you have a scored main or rod bearing. Most likely main. It will eventually get worse and could possibly lead to a seizure or rod failure.
I'd pull the motor and split the cases myself and take a look at the bearings. It sucks but this kind of thing is not something to ignore.

Mad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts