Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

looking to upgrade the forks on my 2003 gen1 z1000. Wondering what forks are best to go for and if there is any mods that need to be done or is it straight bolt on? Or has anyone swapped the ends of the forks to the radial calipers?Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
369 Posts
find an old Kaw 636 and take the entire front end off it, wheels, triple clamps, brakes, the whole front end. Or you could use just the forks and brakes and make spacers to fit your stock front wheel.

you could send the forks out to a suspension shop, but since the stock setup is just rebound dampening in one leg, there's a limit on what can be done.

or spend some real cash and buy a set of Ohlins forks and have them fitted to your bike.

or spend your money wisely and buy a later model or a different bike

·
Registered
594 Posts
…or put some more time and training in improving ones riding skills. put Rossi on a uni-cycle and he still might win the race 😎.

·
Registered
594 Posts
it’s a friendly observation/suggestion that rider skill is just as important or more in most cases with every day riders vs having the most technically advanced motorcycle on the planet. you didn’t really say why you feel you need these upgrades or how much money you want to spend. i think everyone here in the forum wants to help others me included. try not to think of user comments as negative but rather an open discussion of all your options for improvements as a motorcycle rider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it’s a friendly observation/suggestion that rider skill is just as important or more in most cases with every day riders vs having the most technically advanced motorcycle on the planet. you didn’t really say why you feel you need these upgrades or how much money you want to spend. i think everyone here in the forum wants to help others me included. try not to think of user comments as negative but rather an open discussion of all your options for improvements as a motorcycle rider.
Thanks for the input, I’m wanting to change the forks so I can put on different wheels and use radial calipers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts