Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone...

Here's the symptoms.

Went on 2 separate rides. Started off fine. lots of power. Running through the gears and revs.
After about an hour or so of moderate to harder riding...When go to accelerate it bogs and have no power through that gear. Does it in all gears. If I very gently twist the throttle I can usually go but has to be very slowly. If I am highway in 4th and go to pass someone....bogs and doesn't accelerate. ( little alarming when you are only on a 2 lane road...lol)

on two occasions I have stopped and let it cool down for a few minutes, and it it will be fine. Though!! - on a couple occasions it wont start or takes a lot to start. As in trying to turn over but wont.

Use premium gas and just has valves adjusted. Thinking of doing spark plugs (need to be done anyway)

Bike: 2003 z1000. 60 000km's on it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Craig!

I have posted a similar case in a discussion, and it is about the engine cutting off.

I know TheDoctor had suggested a probable solution on this.

It happened to me after a long drive that suddenly the engine cut when I was about to have a fuel tank refill. I still have fuel in the tank, just to make sure that I would not be stalled on the road since I do not know if there would a gas station ahead.

I push the Zed towards the gas station. After filling up and when I closed the tank cap, the engine started.

TheDoctor said that it could be a fuel delivery problem or I should say that the vacuum in the tank is affecting the fuel delivery.

I should have this checked in the next maintenance.

My bike is a 2020 Z1000R. Kinda sad that I am experiencing such problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Craig!

I have posted a similar case in a discussion, and it is about the engine cutting off.

I know TheDoctor had suggested a probable solution on this.

It happened to me after a long drive that suddenly the engine cut when I was about to have a fuel tank refill. I still have fuel in the tank, just to make sure that I would not be stalled on the road since I do not know if there would a gas station ahead.

I push the Zed towards the gas station. After filling up and when I closed the tank cap, the engine started.

TheDoctor said that it could be a fuel delivery problem or I should say that the vacuum in the tank is affecting the fuel delivery.

I should have this checked in the next maintenance.

My bike is a 2020 Z1000R. Kinda sad that I am experiencing such problem.
Thanks, and I think I read your post looking for similar problems before I posted. My Tank usually half full or more...and the bike never shuts off....maybe a vac line that might be affecting things and cause it to hesitate.

Thank You, and going to look alittle further and maybe have a look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
seems I ve got similar prob on my 2006 z1000 starts and runs great but after several miles it dies like I ve hit kill switch it usually starts up straight away but keeps cutting out going less distance each time I ve taken fuel pump out stripped and new fuel and went for a blast out problem still there and cant get fault codes from it .hows yours going ,any luck with it or advice you can share would be appreciated

·
Registered
41 Posts
seems I ve got similar prob on my 2006 z1000 starts and runs great but after several miles it dies like I ve hit kill switch it usually starts up straight away but keeps cutting out going less distance each time I ve taken fuel pump out stripped and new fuel and went for a blast out problem still there and cant get fault codes from it .hows yours going ,any luck with it or advice you can share would be appreciated
Hi, arrio!

I still have this fault from time to time. I am still trying to observe on the kind of fuel I am using. Sometimes it runs smoothly, but there were times the engine still cuts off. I still have no idea on the reason why this is occuring.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
when I mentioned GAS DELIVERY ISSUE I was thinking;

Gas tank hose/outlet
Gas filter

It doesn't sound electrical

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hey There. Mine doens't die, it just gets supper boggy when I am trying to accelerate. Then I shut it off for 15 minutues or so it seems to be fine for a little bit then starts acting back up after about another 30 mins of riding.

Going to go pro it on my next ride and take it to the shop. I will try and remember to reply to this thread in what i come up with.

THanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey There. Mine doens't die, it just gets supper boggy when I am trying to accelerate. Then I shut it off for 15 minutues or so it seems to be fine for a little bit then starts acting back up after about another 30 mins of riding.

Going to go pro it on my next ride and take it to the shop. I will try and remember to reply to this thread in what i come up with.

THanks.
Great! I will be looking forward on the repair and solution to get rid of your bike's problem. Have a safe ride, buddy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
wouldn t think its heat related last time I d only gone 2 miles only just getting warm strange thing is it started last year just before isle of man tt was a bit reluctant to take it but it never missed a beat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts