Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is my 2003 Kawasaki Z1000 with 32,000 miles. Always garaged and very well maintained. I am the 2nd owner for 11 years.

Upgrades:
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT Tires
Drive Systems USA Sprocket Kit & Chain
Power Commander III w/ map
Dan Moto Slip-ons
Front/Rear Wave Rotors w/ Galfer Steel Braided Lines

$4100 OBO!
714-280-2330 (Orange County, CA)
DSC00939.jpg
DSC00940.jpg
DSC00941.jpg
DSC00944.jpg
DSC00946.jpg
DSC00947.jpg
DSC00948.jpg
DSC00949.jpg
DSC00950.jpg
DSC00954.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
I like the bike but not the description.

MINT means 100% stock as it sat on the showroom floor, this example has had some obvious work done to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the bike but not the description.

MINT means 100% stock as it sat on the showroom floor, this example has had some obvious work done to it.
Thank you for your interest.

By MINT I meant this motorcycle is in great overall condition, not stock. I removed it to clear up any confusion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
318 Posts
definitely a clean bike, for sure, and it's getting harder and harder to find "mint" examples of these, whether that's the correct term or not. Even though they sold like a billion of them, try finding a clean example of an SRAD or ZX7r nowadays. Clean 750's go for above 10 grand despite the blue book on them being only $1500

I say keep your price where it is. It will discourage noobsters from buying it and then destroying it like they did to all the SRAD's and ZX7r's years ago...

·
Registered
282 Posts
The problem is the bank loan value on the vehicle cannot exceed what it’s worth; Otherwise the bank will be upside down on the loan in case of an accident or theft and they’re not gonna do that. they are not going to take that risk and loss.

Best way to protect yourself is to get a couple of appraisals to determine the actual worth of the vehicle when the seller is just making up, or in this case, doubling the number of a published blue book value. I always ask myself when I buy some thing or go to buy something can I turn around and sell it easily the next day for what I paid for it, or very close to it. if i can’t, then i move on to the next deal.

You know I think we should be looking out for the new person that comes to this forum wanting to buy a Z and not having much experience on how to do that. maybe it’s their first bike. What does it say about this forum and the people in it if we let other people join and get taken advantage of because somebody decided to join the forum two days ago so they can make a quick buck over a new persons ignorance? What does that say about your own morals and values? there’s an opportunity here to do the next right thing. i know where i stand and i try to say this all with respect, but i have to be able to look in the mirror in morning and see the person looking back at me. then when i ask myself if i think i’m a decent person i hopefully can answer yes, based on my actions.

https://pandora.app.link/Kva30mCBldb

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
definitely a clean bike, for sure, and it's getting harder and harder to find "mint" examples of these, whether that's the correct term or not. Even though they sold like a billion of them, try finding a clean example of an SRAD or ZX7r nowadays. Clean 750's go for above 10 grand despite the blue book on them being only $1500

I say keep your price where it is. It will discourage noobsters from buying it and then destroying it like they did to all the SRAD's and ZX7r's years ago...
Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I agree with you 💯

1 - 10 of 10 Posts