Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, before you read the title and think, "Another won't start post." keep and open mind and hopefully you can help me diagnose the problem...So. Here in Michigan, put the bike away for winter, IE. pulled the battery in December, filled the gas tank completely up and put fuel stabilizer in it.

Come February, had a lone nice day, so I hooked the bike up and took it for a stroll. No issues. Got home, took off the battery, and snow came back.

Fast forward to last week. Temps are in the 50's, and I go to bring the bike back out. I hook up the battery, and starter goes and goes, but never starts.

Here's everything I've done thus far based on my own (little) knowledge and what I've read through the various topics here:
-Checked fuel pump, and when the ignition is turned, it does supply fuel (physically checked it by putting the fuel line into a bottle), and it is not kinked going into the injectors.
-Check the battery, I have a charger now, and hooked it up to have a full charge.
-Replaced all the spark plugs and verified they have spark when turning by holding them outside the engine and visually seeing spark.
-Taken out the air filter and confirmed air flow, also sprayed starter fluid into the intake and it'll start, then die once the fluid is used up.
-Checked the Cam Sensor, appears fine. Also cleaned connections relating to it.
-Checked vehicle-down sensor, appears fine.
-Checked kickstand sensor, appears fine.
-Removed the connection to the power-commander, with no differing results.
-Checked the exhaust during starting, cylinders moving.
-Additionally, any connection points I've found on the bike, I've cleaned with electrical cleaner spray.

The bike has the power-commander and an aftermarket exhaust, which are the extend of the mods. Around 28,000 miles, and otherwise in really good condition. Power-commander is synced to the specific exhaust from my computer.

I'm at a complete loss at this point...Don't know if I need to replace a random sensor or check a certain connection, but at this point I've verified spark, air, and fuel (up to the fuel injectors). Please someone tell me there is something very simple I've perhaps overlooked...I'm just in aw that within a month of not starting it, that it would have an issue like this.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It fires up with starter fluid for a few seconds, and there's no fault code thrown for anything... My understanding that if it was the crank shaft sensor, it wouldn't even start with starter fluid, and it would also throw a code. But I could be off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts