Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm new here, but I have been riding for just about 25 years now. I bought a lightly damaged 03 Z1000 about 12 months ago, and I have done some nice mods to it since I got it, but I always wondered how good the case sliders were from the factory. I found out when my awesome F-ing friend knocked the bike over. They're not that good, and my rt side case cracked, and I ended up having to replace it for a pretty penny. Well, I decided then that I would not let that happen again, so I designed a new set of billet aluminum case protectors that I know will fit on the 03-06 Z1000. They mount in the same location using the existing mount holes as their mounting point. The only thing I recommend using is a longer set of Hex bolts to make sure you get a good bite on the case mounting holes. In any case, when I made the first set, I was told by the machine shop that it would actually cost less if I made more than one set, so, I ordered 2 sets... They made a mistake and produced 4 complete sets. I polished one set and installed it on my bike, but I still have 3 sets left over. If anyone would be interested in a set, please send me an email, or PM me and I will get a set out to you. I am not giving these away as I paid quite a bit to get them made, but I can sell them fairly inexpensively at $100 per set or $135 for polished, or if you simply want them painted, I would recommend doing that yourself, tha way the color choice is yours... Pm me if you would like pictures as well

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Dang thats quite pricey! I think I gave half of that for the ones I have on my Z. Good luck though!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
post some pics of the case protectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts