Whine through the gears - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Trebor4460

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-21-2019, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
So I noticed a whine through the gears ( all of them, and you can only hear it when in gear for example when I push in the clutch it stops and starts again when I release the clutch), after a research I found that's maybe the bearing behind the front sprocket. Is there a guide to dig into that bearing? Do I need to take out the entire engine?also about 4-5k km now I changed the chain and when the chain was out I checked the sprocket for play and it didn't have any. If my shaft bearing was worn normally I should have some play on the sprocket right? Or even with a worn shaft bearing the sprocket doesnt have play? Thank you all for your time.

Last edited by Bandicoot92; 10-21-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-21-2019, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
engine out and split to get the bearing replaced, they usually wear out by overtighted chain, i would examine it very closely before deciding to replace it, does it whine when the clutch is pulled in anmd its coasting, are you sure its not clutch related ?
rcannon and JohnJuan like this.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-22-2019, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor4460 View Post
engine out and split to get the bearing replaced, they usually wear out by overtighted chain, i would examine it very closely before deciding to replace it, does it whine when the clutch is pulled in anmd its coasting, are you sure its not clutch related ?
You can hear the whine continually as you ride , all the time the only time it stops is when I pull the clutch in to change the gears , when release it the whine starts again,it starts at 3rd gear and all the way up to 6th( all of them 3,4,5,6) . And the other thing I read about is that a bad sprocket bearing cause the chain to act like an unadjusted chain and clunks on swingarm hard in every bump. That's what I ve got ,first it was the clunk of the chain ( no matter how I adjusted it it was the same clunk)and now the whining. But again if it was the sprocket bearing why stops when I'm pulling the clutch in ? The sprocket it's still spinning it should normally continue to whine . Can someone figure out anything out of this ? A clutch that doesnt engage all the way can produce whine?

Last edited by Bandicoot92; 10-22-2019 at 03:41 PM.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-29-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor4460 View Post
You can hear the whine continually as you ride , all the time the only time it stops is when I pull the clutch in to change the gears , when release it the whine starts again,it starts at 3rd gear and all the way up to 6th( all of them 3,4,5,6) . And the other thing I read about is that a bad sprocket bearing cause the chain to act like an unadjusted chain and clunks on swingarm hard in every bump. That's what I ve got ,first it was the clunk of the chain ( no matter how I adjusted it it was the same clunk)and now the whining. But again if it was the sprocket bearing why stops when I'm pulling the clutch in ? The sprocket it's still spinning it should normally continue to whine . Can someone figure out anything out of this ? A clutch that doesnt engage all the way can produce whine?
Anyone?
post #5 of 6 Old 10-29-2019, 12:26 PM
Srb

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Clutch basket bearing wearing out?
post #6 of 6 Old 10-29-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srb View Post
Clutch basket bearing wearing out?
I dont think clutch basket can produce whine while you ride , but I m not sure. Does anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page