2011 Z1000 Radiator Fan doesnt spin - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By rcannon
  • 1 Post By Maddevill

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-04-2019, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2011 Z1000 Radiator Fan doesnt spin

I just have my 2011 Z1000 for 5 months. I think my bike was missing something on the left-side, close to the radiator (1st picture) and when I start the bike, i notice that the radiator fan doesnt work. Also when I look under the seat, I think it missing sth too (2nd picture). Someone please let me know if you have been there and how you solve the problem. Also what parts that im missing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DD2F07A2-3586-411E-A0FC-941AFD7F6192_1559623790794.jpg (109.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 0F5699D0-66BF-489F-83D8-ECC9FA4001C4_1559623808002.jpg (130.0 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-04-2019, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage
Nothing on the photo of the side of the engine stands out to me, aside from the missing fairing and the bent clutch lever. The clutch lever tells me the bike has been dropped, but I think you already knew that. under the seat, the section I circled in red is supposed to have a cable attached in it. I can't remember what this controls, but I think it's the secondary throttles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-05-2019, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
The servo , under the seat, if for an exhaust valve. I suspect someone has removed this. That valve gets eliminated when you have a slip on exhaust, so no trouble there.

That fan only rotates when the bike is hot....., I believe it is supposed to turn on at about 205 degrees. I might be wrong on that by a degree, or two, but you wont see it turning right when you start the bike.
JohnJuan likes this.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-05-2019, 10:06 AM

Garage
Thanks, rcannon.

post #5 of 7 Old 06-05-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJuan View Post
Nothing on the photo of the side of the engine stands out to me, aside from the missing fairing and the bent clutch lever. The clutch lever tells me the bike has been dropped, but I think you already knew that. under the seat, the section I circled in red is supposed to have a cable attached in it. I can't remember what this controls, but I think it's the secondary throttles

Thank you very much for helping. 👍👍👍👍 Yeah I think there suppose to be some kind of cable overthere under the seat. I will look for it. Thanks.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-06-2019, 09:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiery_nguyen View Post
Thank you very much for helping. 👍👍👍👍 Yeah I think there suppose to be some kind of cable overthere under the seat. I will look for it. Thanks.

As previously noted, it was probably removed intentionally, and won't have a noticeable effect on the ride.

post #7 of 7 Old 06-10-2019, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
You can test the fan. Remove the plug on the fan switch. It's located on the radiator. Use a cotter pin and jump the 2 wires. The fan should come on. If it doesn't , look for a blown fuse or a bad fan motor. If it does run,plug it back in and let it get hot enough to turn the fan on. If the fan does not activate, change that fan switch.

Mad
JohnJuan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page