Helipad - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-25-2018, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Helipad

New to the Z, got a Gen2 recently and love it! went for a ride out to a disused SAR helipad up in the mountains near the border between HK & China.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG3715.jpg (317.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3718.jpg (212.6 KB, 12 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-25-2018, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on the bike!

We don't get many Gen 2 bikes, and yours looks super clean!

Did you have to off-road it to the helipad from the street?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-26-2018, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJuan View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on the bike!

We don't get many Gen 2 bikes, and yours looks super clean!

Did you have to off-road it to the helipad from the street?
yeah it's a shame there's not more Gen 2's (and aftermarket options) here, wonder why that is? Did they not sell well, or are they a black sheep for some particular reason?

Anyway, real happy with mine, quite clean only 30,000kms, a few tiny paint chips and a bunch of Rizoma stuff.

To get up there was not off-road, more like a paved narrow access trail width of a car. Just tight turns all the way up, taken slowly in 1st.

Here's a couple more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG3680.jpg (303.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3650.jpg (216.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3657.jpg (398.9 KB, 9 views)

post #4 of 5 Old 06-26-2018, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookinen View Post
yeah it's a shame there's not more Gen 2's (and aftermarket options) here, wonder why that is? Did they not sell well, or are they a black sheep for some particular reason?

Anyway, real happy with mine, quite clean only 30,000kms, a few tiny paint chips and a bunch of Rizoma stuff.

To get up there was not off-road, more like a paved narrow access trail width of a car. Just tight turns all the way up, taken slowly in 1st.

Here's a couple more pics
Nobody had any money in 08/09, and new motorcycles aren't really a necessary item for people, so they prioritize other things. Not many motorcycles sold at all in those years.

post #5 of 5 Old 05-16-2019, 12:30 PM

The 2nd gen is what made me fall in love with the Z. I remember going to my local KTM/Suzuki/Kawi dealer in 2008 to pick up some parts for my 625 SMC and drooling over a brand new white with red seat 2nd gen Z1000 and thinking that once these get down to $5k I'll get one.

Then 2018 when I was looking for one, I've looked for a white 2nd gen for at least 3 months, all over the place even in neighboring states, couldn't find one. I bought a white 3rd gen because I thought it looked just as good and it had the same funky blunderbus style mufflers. Wouldn't ya know it, 3 weeks after I bought my 3rd gen a white 2008 2nd gen with 3000 original miles came up for sale.... Oh well, I'm happy with my 3rd gen now, I'm told it's a better bike, but the 2nd gen is my first love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page