Screaming Banshee Horn or (Denali SoundBomb) upgrade anyone - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-22-2020, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Screaming Banshee Horn or (Denali SoundBomb) upgrade anyone

https://screaming-banshee.com/products

I started a Thread last night fully intent on getting owners feedback as to any of the Denali Soundbomb line up of Air Horns & in the process found the above which is;

1. Less expensive
2. Smaller - easier to install
3. Even louder than a Denali with a 0.15 seconds progression from "Watch Out, I am riding here ..." to "18 heeler SemiTruck on your ***, get out of the way ..."
4. And they have an integrated flashing light feature either to your existing lights or a separate LED Light strip that looks really well made - I might even add this as a daytime riding light with a strobe effect to get other road user's attention.

If any of you have already done this upgrade & want to share your experience, I would love to find out your opinion ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-24-2020, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Chose the Screaming Banshee "Shockwave" model because;

1. It is a progressive, 2/Two Stage Horn.

Screaming Banshee is easy to use with simple, intuitive operation. Simply tap your horn button to "beep" (Friendly mode) or hold for 0.15 sec to deliver a pulsating blast of the Shockwaves air horn while flashing the high beam headlights (Angry mode!). Can be heard from 3 blocks away!

It's also the loudest Air Horn available for a Motorcycle.

2. Installation is simple - no relays, no extra wiring or connectors to buy.

3. The Horn can also be wired to your Headlight so when you sound the Horn it causes the Lights* to Flash giving Drivers a visual warning also.

*for $69 you can also buy a high intensity, 6 inch x 2 inch LED Light Bar that offers even more visual warning to distracted drivers (& for owners that don't want to tap into their existing headlight wiring).

The only reason I didnt purchase the LED Light Bar is because my bike is Mint Stock & I want to add everything else first.

4. It was more money than the Biggest Denali but I think this is the best unit out there for the two features above.

I was told for our Z1000's they could be mounted behind the left fairing - I also ordered the Longer Flat Mounting Bracket because they suggested it is easier to bend & modify just in case.

Hope this helps other Members out there ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page