Crashed my bike- Need parts - Page 2 - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 10-18-2016, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92K1500 View Post
The damage doesn't look all that bad. I'm surprised the engine cover isn't cracked/doesn't have a hole in it. Also amazed the rearset survived.

As for fitment, my ebay headlight is all hacked up to put the LED projectors in it so it doesn't use the stock mounts.
Yep, I was shocked the rear set and the gear shifter wasn't torn off. Just scrapped up a little. The engine cover is scrapped up bad and instead of replacing it for $154 plus a $16 gasket plus a $55 oil change I just ordered a R&G cover for $94 that will go over the top of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0047.jpg (89.4 KB, 22 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 10-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Garage
The R&G cover is so ugly though. Cheaper but ugly.

If it will fit how much would you charge for the M4? I just wanna see what my bike would sound like with a short can on it instead of the long one that comes with the single exhaust.

"You're not drunk until you have to grab the grass to keep from falling off the Earth."

"It's not a party until someone throws up on a stripper."

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 21 Old 10-18-2016, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The R&G cover is so ugly though. Cheaper but ugly.

If it will fit how much would you charge for the M4? I just wanna see what my bike would sound like with a short can on it instead of the long one that comes with the single exhaust.
Well, it may be ugly but I'm not in a financial position to replace the oem with a new gasket and oil. It'll have to do for now. The new can from M4 was 250ish and this one works but is damaged so make me an offer. I'm also thinking about sellling my scuffed up 450 dollar 2016 Bell Star helmet if anyone wants it. It just got scrapped but no other structural damage.

Touched up the Bell Star with car trim paint and you can't notice the scratches much unless you get close to the lid. I think I'll just get a new gold face shield and call it good. Unless someone offers me a good price for it.

Last edited by Newcreation777; 10-18-2016 at 08:54 PM.

post #14 of 21 Old 10-19-2016, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Wow the bike fared much better than I thought it would considering...

3B

Check out my Motovlogs at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 21 Old 10-19-2016, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Bones View Post
Wow the bike fared much better than I thought it would considering...

3B
Right?? I wrecked in just the right spot I guess.. it slid on the dirt for 40ish feet without hitting any trees or anything. It's looking like I'll just be replacing the headlight unit and the cowling piece that goes around it, the mid and lower cowls, the tank, the handlebar and the M4. Oh and the headlight switch and turn signal switch. The forks look fine, the rear end is fine. The gear shifter and the rear set survived. Oh and I just painted up the engine cover today so I'all prolly return the $100 R&G engine cover. It doesn't look professional but you really don't notice it unless u re up close and looking for it.

Last edited by Newcreation777; 10-20-2016 at 12:01 AM.
post #16 of 21 Old 12-17-2016, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

She's Back!

After 2 months of waiting for all the parts to come in I'm happy to present to you guys my fully restored Z.. I went with all oem body parts parts except for the headlight unit from China for $150. New tank, lower cowls, mid cowls, air induction cowl, induction cowl inner liner, left front turn signal, left M4 can, new Protaper bar, progrip grips, CRG lane splitter mirror, painted engine cover, eBay green/black clutch lever (same as before). She looks and runs like it never happened. Cost me just over $2,000 because I only have liability insurance so no help from them. She's been rideable all along while waiting for parts so she's been streaking down the streets completely naked! Now she's complete. 🙌🏻

post #17 of 21 Old 12-17-2016, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Awesome news NC777 Looks great! Just before Christmas too.
Merry Christmas!
Newcreation777 likes this.

_____
bone stock. sorta.
post #18 of 21 Old 12-17-2016, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koggs View Post
Awesome news NC777 Looks great! Just before Christmas too.
Merry Christmas!
Thanks Koggs! Merry Christmas to you!
Koggs likes this.
post #19 of 21 Old 12-18-2016, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Garage
Looks like everything lined up nicely. Kinda pricey but nothing fits better than OEM and you don't have to worry about them being junk.
Newcreation777 likes this.

"You're not drunk until you have to grab the grass to keep from falling off the Earth."

"It's not a party until someone throws up on a stripper."

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

post #20 of 21 Old 12-20-2016, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Looks like everything lined up nicely. Kinda pricey but nothing fits better than OEM and you don't have to worry about them being junk.
Yeah, and also I don't have to worry about the colors not matching.. that was the big thing for me, didn't want to order an eBay body kit and the green not match the green on the tank and so forth..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page