Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Crash cage vs Crash Sliders and engine covers

24K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  92K1500 
#1 ·
Sup everybody!
Just got mine 2016.
I would appreciate to hear all pros/cons about subj (price, brands, etc)
PS: sorry for my english and I promise to introduce myself proper way a bit later in corresponding topic))

#30 ·
I have the sw motech crash cage. Doesn't stick out at the front like the one shown previously in this thread. It's curved and looks like it would slide better incase of a crash at speed. It's what the Kawasaki shop near me uses on their test bikes :)

#31 ·
Now with pictures :)

Attachments

#33 ·
Hi. The ones that Kawasaki install here are not badged. Being Thailand I wouldn't be surprised if they had them replicated though... I know they are strong enough as I've seen some of the test bikes that have seen the road surface more than once :)

#35 ·
They never have put them on their site. You have to call them and order them on the phone. I know 3 of us have told them about it and they say they will get them on there but never do.

I've still never put it on the right side. But on the left side when it's down it's solid. It doesn't try to flip over onto the tank and it sits securely on the slider and both wheels.

#36 ·
Ah legend, makes me more comfortable with my purchase. I was worried how an external company had stock and the manufacturer didnt.

Pretty poor on the manufacturers behalf though to not have their full product list available when competition does, Especially after being contacted by a number of people already.

Also thanks for the stability info, exactly what I was after.

#37 ·
I think if I were to do it over again I would get their full stunt cage. When Nola got hit by that cop his rail folded up and snapped off at the weld.

I think it needs the bar that goes under the engine for any kind of strength in a wreck.

#38 ·
Ah i didnt like the enormity of the full cage, nor the idea of cutting part of the fairing to fit it but I do see how that could happen. Got a link to pics or a thread that relates to how he was hit? was it at speed or a parking knock over? I might just look into getting it modified slightly at an exhaust shop or fabrication place around here and look at added another mounting point for a t hird point of contact.

I also liked the motech cage and one made by 'slashguard' (a japanese manufacturer I beleive) but the price of both were significantly greater.

Getting stuff to Australia is also an ordeal. No idea why welded metal is on the no postage list of so many sites.

#39 ·
He was riding and was hit from behind. Probably 5-10 mph tops.

I looked at the SW Motech cage but it just seemed too small to really protect much. The 905 sticks out much farther and is a lot beefier.

#41 ·
They also make for a good foot rest/highway bar so you can stretch out on long trips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.