Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Crash cage vs Crash Sliders and engine covers

24K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  92K1500 
#1 ·
Sup everybody!
Just got mine 2016.
I would appreciate to hear all pros/cons about subj (price, brands, etc)
PS: sorry for my english and I promise to introduce myself proper way a bit later in corresponding topic))

#3 · (Edited)
well, my main concern is bike protection. And everything I found so far is looking good.
Cage looks more solid but a bit bulky.
these kawi's oem covers, they look nice but kinda weak. I mean, just robber stickers... do u really need them since uve already got rizoma cover sliders?

Nice bike btw!

#4 ·
I have the Racing905 race armor. It's just the top rail of a stunt cage. Not quite as strong but also not near as bulky. The footpeg is the only thing that touches on the left side. I haven't tried laying it over to the right side.

Reactions: mackb
#34 ·
I have the Racing905 race armor. It's just the top rail of a stunt cage. Not quite as strong but also not near as bulky. The footpeg is the only thing that touches on the left side. I haven't tried laying it over to the right side.

Sorry to dig up a sort if old thread here lads but got a question for 92K.

Have you for any reason since posting the above image had a chance or reason for it to be laid down on the right side? I'm interested to know what the clearance is like on the exhaust?

Also, when you lay it down, does it sit well (like the point where it rests on the rail is a comfortable centre of gravity) or does it want to rock back and rest more on the tail/rear wheel?

Not really purchasing to stunt, more interested in general lowside or nufty parker protection.

On topic, For anyone interested in the above race rails, I wasnt able to find any of them on the racing 905 site but was able to source them from 'tacticalmindz.com'. 169 USD.

#5 ·
The kawi oem are just decorations.. they have high heat double sided tape on them.. imo the engine sliders are a priority.. it will hit the engine covers before the fairing... i know because i did lay it down.. i thought the stand was on.. and right side that reverse L shape..

#7 ·
You got the full stunt armor or just the race armor?

#9 ·
Stunt armor is the full cage. It has the hoop that loops under the bike. It will be stronger than mine but much bulkier.

#12 ·
Got mah cage.

Attachments

#16 ·
They just keep parking lot buggers from being very bad. When the front pipe mount digs in the front end will meet the pavement with a headlight handle bar mod and yes the plastic will fly! Got to pay to play or don't ride to slide!>:):wink: I'm with Dude on the Badges. We don't need no stinking Badges. Tell 905 you would like a little refund for the free advertisement.:wink:

#18 ·
First off awesome that you got a full cage for a Z!

But unfortunately 905 makes the worst cages for stunting, if it's just lowside protection it should help... all of my buddies are stunters, and they won't buy 905 products. The new kid that had a 905 cage had a couple hard crashes, which ended up breaking one of the frame tabs off! I will say 905 did replace the cage under warranty, it took a good 2 months though.

Now I'd imagine your not planning to stunt your Z, just wanted extra protection, be careful in the corners with it though! And spray paint those badges.

#23 ·
Im not a stunter.
Badges, not a big deal. Can cut em off.
More worried about front bar. Ill touch it first before footpegs trying to lean.
Too late for the return (should be done within 30 days).

Its just has some issues that I didnt expect to come out...and I dont like that, tho can live with it)))))
And yet its new it would be logical to take it off now.

#27 ·
Hey.
Install is pretty much straight forward. Only tricky part is to make two holes in lower fender for strut in between. Still pretty easy tho.
BTW took mine off. Intalled sliders from Rizoma.
Decided to keep cage for whatever reason.
Might let it go if someone decides to buy em. ($300CAD I think would be fair for absolutely new cage). PM if interested.

#26 ·
I have the cage on my wifes green 14. We have it there for 1 reason. The bike is heavy and if she drops it in a parking lot goin a few to 0 it should protect the bike 90% of the time. Stuff happens but the 905 cage will be great for low speed drops.

That said the badges are just stickers. We took ours off and the black paint helps to hide the big brace on the bars. A tail of the dragon sticker will fit perfect in the space!-and make it look sweet. We should be taking the z and s1krr to the dragon later this year.

The cage also makes the bike look meaner! Stock it looks super mean and aggressive but with the cage it makes it look just bad ***. Bulky sure but makes people stop and think DANG!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.