Two times a noob - Page 4 - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 31 Old 08-19-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Progress report:

WALL OF TEXT WARNING (with pics)

Attached is the most recent image.
Wednesday or Thursday is when I am expecting a pair of knock-off Pazzo levers to come in. They are the exact same look as my current ones, except they weren't wrecked in. I bought the ones for the 08 zx6r to match the new master cylinder. As far as the MC goes, it got rebuilt, and we are going to make a custom bracket to get the resivoir placed correctly. My guy dun goofed on the lines, which luckily isn't a hold-up. He ordered stock length not accounting for The Renthal Street Ultra Lows are wider than anticipated, but I will include an image of the short lines to show that the color matches well. We ended up having to go with 320mm rotors. The forks are freshly rebuilt and look awesome. I got barend adaptors to slap the CRG mirrors right on. EBC HH Pads are going in the front and back, along with a rear braided line as well as dual custom lines in the front. The stock rear lines were very tight due to the akra slip-ons. For the sake of it going on the record, the oil was changed,and we are going with some fancy Motul DOT4 brake fluid, the forks are newly rebuilt. Today the handlebars and levers were angled to my liking. My old pads that the bike came with were rusted and basically had nothing left. The seat was reupholstered, a new Z3 x-ring 525 steel chain as well as JT hardened steel sprockets in the front and back were put on. The alignment was adjusted. I also have LED headlights on the way.

For performance, I am going to get an Arrow header and mid-pipe, sprint filter, airbox mod, flash and tune. I am going to see if the rear shock is worthwhile or not, as well as a steering damper. I am totally undecided. On those. If I did, there's a nearby place that will professionally set it up.

In the distant future, I intend on buying the best chinese fairing kit I can find, and using titanium fasteners for it, as well as my windscreen. Black or red obviously. I also am going to have my tank dents fixed, and have the tank redone. I also need a new kickstand. My radiator guard is ugly. I will just replace these things. I want tank pads as well.

tldr; Got some stuff, getting some stuff, planning more stuff, here's images
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_867923577037262_1566269400798.jpg (155.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg received_344979456219120_1566269417592.jpg (225.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20190819_210038_1566269451903.jpg (138.8 KB, 3 views)
JohnJuan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page