Just another newbie - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-12-2017, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Just another newbie

Been a long time since I've ridden,but I'm going to be getting back into it. Just started looking for a bike and I really like the looks of the Z1000. I fish in Alaska so I'm gone a lot,but I'm finally to the point in my life I Dont have to be gone so much. My daughter just started riding street bikes and she's convinced me I should get one. Hopefully this fall or early spring I'll pick one up,pretty sure it'll be the Z. Looking forward to reading more on here to help me decide.

Last edited by Scvette; 09-12-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-12-2017, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
We could be more helpful if we knew the type of riding you would predominately doing ? And btw welcome. This forum helped me in my buying my 2011z and all the mods since. 44kmiles of smiles !
post #3 of 6 Old 09-12-2017, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by z-lover View Post
We could be more helpful if we knew the type of riding you would predominately doing ? And btw welcome. This forum helped me in my buying my 2011z and all the mods since. 44kmiles of smiles !
Just cruising mostly,no overnight trips. I've always had fast toys so that's why I'm thinking the Z1000, I know there's faster bikes but they're also not the most comfortable to ride. I was thinking about a Harley Muscle but then I started looking at the naked bikes and really like the looks of them,I think the Z is the nicest looking of them all. My local dealer has a Z1000 w/abs for 8399 right now,plus I see there seems to be a few in the cycle trader for around the same price. I'll be busy fishing till December and then get a short break before heading back in January for the hot time of fishing,I'll look when I get home in December and if it all works out I'll pick one up,if not it'll have to wait till spring.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-12-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just cruising mostly,no overnight trips. I've always had fast toys so that's why I'm thinking the Z1000, I know there's faster bikes but they're also not the most comfortable to ride. I was thinking about a Harley Muscle but then I started looking at the naked bikes and really like the looks of them,I think the Z is the nicest looking of them all. My local dealer has a Z1000 w/abs for 8399 right now,plus I see there seems to be a few in the cycle trader for around the same price. I'll be busy fishing till December and then get a short break before heading back in January for the hot time of fishing,I'll look when I get home in December and if it all works out I'll pick one up,if not it'll have to wait till spring.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-13-2017, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just cruising is all. No overnight stuff,but maybe some long rides in the mountains or along the coast in Washington state.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-13-2017, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scvette View Post
Just cruising is all. No overnight stuff,but maybe some long rides in the mountains or along the coast in Washington state.
Sounds good. I ride for fun out in the country roads, 80 to 150 miles usually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page