User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-24-2017, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hello again - new bike

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi again. It's been roughly 4 years since I sold my 2004 Z1000. It was not my first bike, but was my first Z and I loved it. I had other bikes after that and a full year with no bikes. After a few weeks of shopping, I ended up buying a brand new 2016 Z1000 in matte graphite gray / red color (to match my Lexus! lol) at the stealership. Here it is:

Personally, I would have liked to see a graphite gray & black version, but the red is not that ugly... Anyways, I ended up plastidipping in black the gas tank cover and the front fairing part that are originally red. The forks, a small plastic piece on the side fairings and the passenger seat are the only red parts remaining on the bike. I did not have a chance to ride it yet, but will go for my first ride after work. The 1000kms break-in period will be real torture...

The following parts are ordered and will be installed ASAP:
-Fender eliminator + LED turn signals (that big bracket is really ugly...)
-Small Bar End Mirrors
-Flush mount LED front turn signals

Bucket list:
-Slip-on exhaust (not ordered yet - probably the black Vance&Hines urban brawlers)

I will post my initial thoughts later on after my first ride... My friend bought a 2016 GSXS1000 - which was my second choice - I will be able to compare them. I noticed that the Z1000 did not have any gear indicator, traction control and seemed to have stiffer suspensions. The seat is also very stiff and lacks cushion as compared to the GSXS1000. Can't wait to go for a ride. It's 40-50F degrees here right now so still a little chill. We had our first 70F degrees of the year yesterday so that's a good sign.

Have a good day!

Current bike: 2016 Z1000

Previous bikes: 09 GSXR1000, 04 Z1000, 03 YZF-R6, 03 FZ1

Last edited by thecca; 04-27-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-24-2017, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Nice bike, looks sick. I have not ridden the GSX but it seems to me, when you jump on the Z your ready to race and look mean. The GSX is more comfy and happy. I want a GSX s1000 as well to be honest. The extra controls are cool... but the Z1k rawness it also really cool. If you ask me you are a better rider taking a Z1k to the brink without traction control to rely on you have to really ride, not rely on electronics
post #3 of 12 Old 04-24-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornet2 View Post
Nice bike, looks sick. I have not ridden the GSX but it seems to me, when you jump on the Z your ready to race and look mean. The GSX is more comfy and happy. I want a GSX s1000 as well to be honest. The extra controls are cool... but the Z1k rawness it also really cool. If you ask me you are a better rider taking a Z1k to the brink without traction control to rely on you have to really ride, not rely on electronics
Indeed! I do not need that extra assistance. A gear indicator would have been nice though!

As for the more aggressive riding, that's one reason I went with the Z instead of the GSXS. I had 2 supersport bikes in between my other Z1000 so I did wanted to keep that racing handling and feeling.

post #4 of 12 Old 04-29-2017, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's a mean looking Z. Post up a sound clip when you have the slip on added. Would love to hear it..

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
post #5 of 12 Old 05-04-2017, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!! Will def. buy a slip-on after my break-in period. Weather is really not helping here, I only put 60 miles so far.

I received my parts and installed 'em last weekend. Only thing missing (for now) is the front flush mount turn signals.

post #6 of 12 Old 05-07-2017, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Looks awesome!
post #7 of 12 Old 05-30-2017, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Hi!

Quick update... Had the chance to install the rest of the parts I had ordered a few weeks ago and go for a ride uptown yesterday (we finally saw the sun! lol).

Also, if someone has a black passenger seat that he would like to trade for my red one, I'm looking for one! It's currently all black and grey, except the front works & the rear seat.

Next on my bucket list is some black Vance&Hines slip-on...

Last edited by thecca; 05-30-2017 at 05:15 PM.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-31-2017, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My opinion it is a given and take, i never rode a suzuki but I guess is a better bike for the money depending what are you looking for.
My 2016 z1000 give me everything what I look for, from the power to the mean look. I care last about all this new things. If you know how rides you don't need any that stuff.(just my opinion).
I could use little more cushion but for me my bike it is a scape from my stress from home and work not my main transportation.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-31-2017, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganvass View Post
My opinion it is a given and take, i never rode a suzuki but I guess is a better bike for the money depending what are you looking for.
My 2016 z1000 give me everything what I look for, from the power to the mean look. I care last about all this new things. If you know how rides you don't need any that stuff.(just my opinion).
I could use little more cushion but for me my bike it is a scape from my stress from home and work not my main transportation.
Yes, I'm sharing the same opinion. Z1000 is THE naked bikes reference. Although the GSXS1000 is better in many aspect, the Z1000 still has a meaner look and rides great! The seat cushion is not thick enough, that's for sure.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-10-2017, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey quebec! We have the same bike! I ordered mine but is not going to be here until next week! Hope to see you down here in toronto with yours any time let me know.
Enjoy, I think that 1000 km break in is the worst for us! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page