OK the first time I did this I really didn’t know what to expect. I was a bit hasty in construction in formation of the implant. It worked so well that I knew I had to refine it in order for it to be permanent. The taper on the pad itself was somewhat abrupt, and was a noticeable “step” upward, and I knew I could do better. I had a few inquiries as to the specific method I used, and thought if I re did it I would post a bit of tutorial as to how I did it, just in case someone else may want to give it a try. Also, the memory foam I used was a pad I had laying around, and wanted to get an off the shelf solution.
Here’s how it went
Pad, blades and staples $10~
Staple removal tool
Taper on pad 1. It’s a bit tricky but with sharp blades it’s best to go slow anyway.
Doesn’t have to be perfect, I put it on upside down
I put mine to about here, I didn’t want to raise the seat height at the tank, but I probably could have gone a little more forward with it.
I left the front stapled on
Did the same with pad 2. You could use a single pad and make it easier but this is the best thing they had. I staggered it back a bit
Took the edge off to give it some slope
Stacked and staggered
Tuck it in and peel the cover back
Stopped at the seam and poked a coat hanger through the hole to grab. I shaved down the excess and added a small triangle to the top just to keep the form behind the belt.
I used jacketed copper wire
Staples. The seat pan is pretty tough but I got
enough of them to stick.
May refine once more if I can find the perfect foam piece. This stuff is a bit cheaper than the memory foam I had, but initial 100 mi test is positive.
Maybe this will help someone to see how easy it is to do, and get a few more miles out of their Z.
Love this thing!