Kit needed for air filter box block? Decel pop problem - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-22-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kit needed for air filter box block? Decel pop problem

Hello Z1000 friends.
I got insane decel popping after arrow headers and muffler install. Tried 2 different fuel maps and no luck.

Heard that you can block a hose to get rid of the popping.

Is this safe?
Can i do it without one of those expensive kits?

Bike is fitted with pc5.
2016 model.
Bike runs super fine but i cant stand all the popping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-24-2019, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
you block the hose from the Pair valve system that goes into the airbox, this is where it draws its air to inject into the p.a.i.r valve, it will greatly reduce the poping on overun. on the gen 4 Kawa you can just get at the pipe from the rear brake side, and no damage is done anywhere to the motor, its just a poor mans way of saving a few quid and not fitting block off plates to the P.A.I.R valve.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-24-2019, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I had the same problem (with Acropovic headers). Gas fume was burning my eyes at every traffic light! Searched internet for days and found billions of suggestions. long story short, took the best advice from my Ducati mechanic friend. "Ride the bike for some time and it will get fixed!".

No map or PC or ... needed. If you have Oxygen sensor installed, ECU will adjust itself with riding in different rpm and throttle. It may take some time (500-800 km for me!) to adjust itself and gain good acceleration, millage (230km/tank before, 270km/tank with Acro headers!) and not too much popping and strong fume will go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page