z1000 slipper clutch question - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-27-2019, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
z1000 slipper clutch question

As above.....i know the slipper clutch from the new zed goes straight in - but, its finding one...none about - the parts come to about 350 - 400 is in GBP - so - would an aftermarket slipper fit from a zx10r?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-29-2019, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
None of us ever tried the zx10 slipper...The clutch parts are interesting. FCC Japan makes all of the clutches for pretty much every motorcycle company. Some of the older Ducatis did not use FCC but modern ones do. In modern days it would probably be difficult to find a company who did not use fcc.

So, with that in mind theres no reason to limit the search to Kawasaki. A Yamaha r1 r6 or a Honda cbr might fit. You get the idea, but its uncharted territory. It would be fun to try but I dont even know where to start. Part numbers dont tell much about dimensions....and ordering the parts just to measure, is cost prohibitive.

Honestly just order the part sand do this conversion. Get a 2018 clutch cable while you are at it. Dont even factor in that this will upgrade you to a slipper. This assist/slipper clutch works abotu 10 times as well as the stock Ninja 1000 clutch and a five year old kid is strong enough to pull the clutch lever. Its a massive upgrade with no down side....well other than $$$.

If you watch ebay you can get used zx6 clutch plates. That lowers the cost some.....not much but a little.

Last edited by rcannon; 03-29-2019 at 10:42 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old Today, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah - true but, (might be promising) for example ive slipper clutch for zx10's saying (04 >) telling me it fits everything right up to present day giving weight to your reasoning...ill contact some suppliers, see if anyone can give me a straight answer...

post #4 of 4 Old Today, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
I know we share plates with the zx6....that diameter fits. I was thinking the zx10 plates were larger diameter, but I'm not sure about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page