User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 12-30-2013, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Juan's Z

Time to start a thread. Today, I test-fitted the saddlebags I got for Christmas. Sadly, as I was re-installing my driver-seat after putting the battery back in, I dropped a seat screw in the seat hole. I had the brilliant idea to shake the bike back and forth to see if I could get it to rattle. No go. I then have the even more brilliant idea to just tilt it really far. I tilted it away from me, and the bike slowly fell to the ground, scraping the clutch cover, and leaving a slight mark on the side fairing. The aftermarket mirror also got "adjusted" out of whack, and will no longer hold its position. I'll try to fix that, but oh well.

Nelson-Rigg CL-905 saddlebags:

Bonus picture of the sweet sweatshirt my girlfriend got me:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JohnJuan; 12-30-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 12-31-2013, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice sweater

Project 1 build thread

post #3 of 37 Old 06-12-2014, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
It's an exciting day! I've completed my 15,000 mile oil change and installed a new horn!

I decided to install a

to speed up subsequent oil changes. There is a model with a short nipple for a hose, but it wasn't on Amazon, and I didn't trust the long nipple version.

Old oil drained:

Old oil was the Kawasaki 10w-40. 8500 miles. I'll be sending it in for a used oil analysis on Monday. I ordered the kit a little too late.

The new oil is

. I picked it because of its positive reviews on amazon, and because the 3-pack of gallon bottles was only $55. That's like a whole gallon for free vs. buying them separately. The semi-synthetic also seemed like a good idea, as I'd like to extend my range between changes.

New horn, a

. It makes a nice sound.

Video demonstration:

New oil filter, a

. I picked it because Purolator regularly gets good reviews, and this one is rated for synthetic oils and 10,00 mile use. I'll have the oil analyzed again after 7,500 miles, I think, and see how it does.

Fumoto valve, installed.

post #4 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I know that it's an old thread but I wonder if you are still happy with the oil drain?

"If we have learned anything from zombies it is that once you have had human flesh you can´t be trusted to stop by the store the next time your hungry." - Repair
post #5 of 37 Old 10-24-2014, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Had a fumoto on my last few cars, works great as long as it isn't in a position to get sheered off.

I don't care for the idea of using one on a motorcycle, for one I just don't want it ever opening up (despite the unlikely chance), I don't want someone to screw with it if I park in a public place and I don't want something potentially sheering it off. Also, I like having a magnetic drain plug on the bike.

Great valves though.
post #6 of 37 Old 10-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
Great thread, sometimes it's nice to revive the oldies, so the new peeps like me can go oooooo ahhhhhhh
And then subscribe...
post #7 of 37 Old 10-26-2014, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I haven't needed to use the valve yet, but it hasn't leaked on me yet. I'm 3-5k miles from my next change. Still looks as good as the day I installed it.
post #8 of 37 Old 11-04-2014, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I figure this is a build thread, so I'll add a link to my brake maintenance thread.

https://www.z1000forum.com/forum/z100...ml#post1983610

post #9 of 37 Old 11-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
I just received my valve today. Im currently adding a coat of automotive touch up paint so i don't have to look at a giant brass fitting that will make me want to rip my eyes out.
post #10 of 37 Old 11-04-2014, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA_Z1000 View Post
I just received my valve today. Im currently adding a coat of automotive touch up paint so i don't have to look at a giant brass fitting that will make me want to rip my eyes out.
Nice! It's actually hard to see down there, but I'm sure it's more obvious if it bothers you. Let's see a picture when you get it on!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page