LED headlight bulb? - Page 3 - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old 10-09-2019, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
H7. I want to say you'll find it in your owner's manual, and also superbrightLEDs.com is good about listing it. I wouldn't buy their LED units though,. for the reasons you've posted.
Kermit the Z likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 10-09-2019, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks man!
JohnJuan likes this.
post #23 of 24 Old 10-28-2019, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ok so Ive since taken possesion of my gen 2 Z and had a look at the headlights,, it is a strange arrangement; ok the h7 drops in as normal, but then there is a 10mm thick spacer that plugs in to the h7 bulb, converts it to the h4 plug type that is on the loom for no apparent reason, provides the 10mm spacing the retaining spring needs for no apparent reason, and provides the "neck" for want of a better word that seals the rubber.
Very strange. Its like the design team changed their mind several times as to what bulb they were going to use during the production of the bike.
So long story short, cheap stupid LED bulbs with no ballast or heatsink will drop straight in, but anything that will be anywhere near useful will require some McGyvering, in the form of at least a home made spacer.

post #24 of 24 Old 10-29-2019, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
That's what I found on my Gen3. It's easiest to just leave them as they are.

I'm halfway through a projector retrofit, because my projectors are too deep for my stock housing, but it's really the way to go if you'd like to see an improvement.

Here are some references:

https://www.z1000forum.com/forum/z10...fications.html

https://www.z1000forum.com/forum/z10...-retrofit.html

https://www.z1000forum.com/forum/off...st-winner.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page