• 2 Post By jimz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-18-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Old Kaw's

Here's some pics of my old Kaw 2-stroke triples.

My original 1975 H1f 500cc Mach III went through much of my life with me. I first got it in 1979 (completely stock) and rode it from the Dayton OH area to Virginia beach the next day. I had no idea what I was getting into. It was one of the first original streetfighters and embarrassed many bikes twice it's displacement. I raced in the early 80's in Southern CA at both Willow Springs and Riverside raceway. I put a ton of money into it modding it out, chassis ended up with an awesome CalFab swingarm, a 43mm front end off a KZ1000 police bike, engine had a race crankshaft and ported cyl's, heads were welded up and milled down for a single squish band configuration. It was awesome but I took it too far for a street bike, it became a maintenance whore, every hr I rode it required about three hrs of wrenching time. The front wheel wanted to kiss the sky when the power hit, leaning forward was a requirement.

I owned this bike for over 25 yrs, it was completely worn out out when I sold it to a vintage racer who stripped it down for the parts

here's a pic of me racing at Riverside (back in the day before hi-def)

I was looking for a new frame for racing when I came across this in 1982

a true Factory racer, a 1974 H2r 750cc, it would zoom right past the built Z1's and KZ 1000's. The acceleration was tremendous and it's the only bike I ever got tunnel vision on. I only got to ride it a handful of times before I wadded it up at Riverside. I really had no idea what I was doing but I was having fun. I sold it (still cursing myself for that) and now it's in some museum in Japan.
Trebor4460 and Kermit the Z like this.

Last edited by jimz; 10-18-2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spill chicking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-20-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
another Kaw 2-stroke

Here's an old dirt bike of mine, a 94 KDX 200. These were great do it all woods bike. It was limited though, push it too hard and the wheels wanted to swap position.

Last edited by jimz; 10-20-2019 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spill chick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page