Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

New member looking for owners thoughts of there 2018 bike

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kenyun 
#1 ·
Hi Guys I am new here as I am looking to buy a 2018 old stock or 2019 new and have read about some issues with the bike I have a z 900 rs currently
I was looking for owners feed back about the good and bad of owning the z 1000
any issues with fuelling flat spots etc what it like in town what the wind blast like is it comfortable
how is the weight is it a heavy bike
any feed back is very welcome before I buy
many thanks
Doyle

#2 ·
Seeing as you are looking at a current model, I'm sure you would be able to get a test ride at a dealers and find out how it suits your personal preference, bikes are subjective. As for ownership I can only comment on my experience in the short time I've owned my Z1000R performance edition. I bought it new in May 2019 and have done just over 6000 miles on it, it would be more but I have 4 other bikes to ride. I find the bike has more than enough power everywhere even with raised gearing [front sprocket +1 and rear -2 teeth] as its far too low geared as standard. Akrapovic cans and the throttle [cable] response is excellent throughout the range. Its comfortable to ride and handles very well once I made slight adjustments to the BPF and Ohlins suspension. I fitted a Puig touring screen, but it makes little difference to wind blast. Sustained three figure speeds are not recommended. Weight wise it is 221kg fuelled up, so lighter than most comparative litre bikes. I chose this bike because it has no electronic 'rider aids' [apart from the unavoidable ABS]. What I like most is:- The addictive induction noise, Power and handling, Brembo M50 brakes, Comfort, Good fuel economy [optional], Styling [subjective], The eccentric adjusters makes correct chain tension quick and simple. Of the few down sides, I include the radiator, it should have a guard fitted as standard, it's vulnerable and very expensive. All in all, its probably the last of its kind, an 'old school' proper riders bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.