Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Anyone have experience with Delkevic Full System?

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bruiseki 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I've been chatting with Delkevic over email, but by god is their customer experience team horrible, they don't even answer the questions you ask.

Does anyone here have experience with a Delkevic full system? I have a 2016 z1000 and I wanted to know if there's a significant difference in DB's between the 10" x-ovals and 13.5" x-ovals with a full system because I like the look of the 10"'s more, but I don't want to be super obnoxiously loud. I'm currently running stock headers with faux SC projects and it just isn't loud enough for me. I like the look of the 14" carbon oval cans with the slash cut, but on Delkevic's youtube channel there seems to be a small dip in midrange power compared to stock which worries me. My bike is flashed and I talked to Ivan (the guy that does the flash for our bikes) and he said he recommends Delkevic or Akrapovic, and not Arrow because the headers are too wide. I want to keep the dual exhaust look, which is why I'm not considering the akra 4-2-1, and akrapovic is pretty expensive for 4-2-2...

Any feedback appreciated, thanks everyone. :kiss:

#4 ·
Found a 2010-2013 Akrapovic titanium end can with headers (4-2-1) that I'll be installing. Hopefully I can Gerry-rig the OEM heat shield mount to work as well the mount that's included in the 2014-2016 full system. I couldn't bring myself to run two 13.5" oval cans and thought it would ruin the look of the bike. Video's I've seen of Akrapovic show them to not be stupid loud as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.