quik shifter kawasaki Z1000 --->2020 - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Erajk
  • 1 Post By Ungarisch

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-08-2019, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
quik shifter kawasaki Z1000 --->2020

Hello

I live in Norway

Do someone have a answer way kawasaki don`t deliver quikshifter (up and down) on new Z1000 bikes? i will wait and buy the new 2020 Model when available.
Due to the new fee regulations Norway that make the Z1000 1300- 2000 Euro cheaper
Are quikshifter bad for gearbox?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-13-2019, 08:26 AM

No! Quickshifters are not bad for the gearbox!
I have not heard any informations about Kawasaki adding quickshifters to 2020 Z1000 but that would be great!

Cheers from Sweden!
JohnJuan likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-15-2019, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Trebor4460 weak gearbox on the gen 4, good chance 4th gear dogs will get damaged, i know from bitter experience, and i know of 3 others who fitted a quickshifter and there 4th gear let go too...

post #4 of 8 Old 06-21-2019, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

thanks for answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erajk View Post
No! Quickshifters are not bad for the gearbox!
I have not heard any informations about Kawasaki adding quickshifters to 2020 Z1000 but that would be great!

Cheers from Sweden!
post #5 of 8 Old 06-21-2019, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

thanks for answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor4460 View Post
Trebor4460 weak gearbox on the gen 4, good chance 4th gear dogs will get damaged, i know from bitter experience, and i know of 3 others who fitted a quickshifter and there 4th gear let go too...
post #6 of 8 Old 06-21-2019, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The reason the Z1000 has no down blipper is because of the manual (cable operated) throttle instead of electronic. Downblipper requires ride-by-wire throttle so that the computer can open the throttle body to increase RPM's for downshift, with cable throttle it cannot do that. Same goes for traction control, the ignition system is too old to integrate. The electronics on the current Z1000 are still essentially the exact same as those on the 2010 model year bike, and without a modern ECU and electronic throttle, none of these features are possible.

I would imagine that at this year's EICMA we will see a new 2020 Z1000 as the current model is over 5 years old (10 years techincally because the 4th gen is same as 3rd gen), and I would find it hard to believe that it would use manual throttle still, even if it uses the same engine as before.
rcannon likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-22-2019, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
Hello

I live in Norway

Do someone have a answer way kawasaki don`t deliver quikshifter (up and down) on new Z1000 bikes? i will wait and buy the new 2020 Model when available.
Due to the new fee regulations Norway that make the Z1000 1300- 2000 Euro cheaper
Are quikshifter bad for gearbox?

Z1000 are no that desirable and they are not actual sport bikes, therefore quickshifter is not offered. If you look at ZX10, they have it from factory. No, quickshifters are not bad for the bike, I have HQ quickshifter on my 2016 Z1000 and it's fine, no issues, downside is that it's ONLY up-shifts, no auto-blip or downshifts.

I have to say this tho, every year more and more manufacturers putting quickshifters on the bikes now, it's same as paddle shifters on the car, you see them more now.

2016 Z1000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-23-2019, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungarisch View Post
The reason the Z1000 has no down blipper is because of the manual (cable operated) throttle instead of electronic. Downblipper requires ride-by-wire throttle so that the computer can open the throttle body to increase RPM's for downshift, with cable throttle it cannot do that. Same goes for traction control, the ignition system is too old to integrate. The electronics on the current Z1000 are still essentially the exact same as those on the 2010 model year bike, and without a modern ECU and electronic throttle, none of these features are possible.

I would imagine that at this year's EICMA we will see a new 2020 Z1000 as the current model is over 5 years old (10 years techincally because the 4th gen is same as 3rd gen), and I would find it hard to believe that it would use manual throttle still, even if it uses the same engine as before.
Thanks for great technical explanation this is a great forum to ask, i am werry happy for that. Then i will pay attention and hope that Kawasaki at EICMA i november will show a new Z1000 2020 model with new and update electronics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page