quik shifter kawasaki Z1000 --->2020 - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Erajk
  • 1 Post By Ungarisch
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-08-2019, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Norway-Rogaland-Stavanger
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
quik shifter kawasaki Z1000 --->2020

Hello

I live in Norway

Do someone have a answer way kawasaki don`t deliver quikshifter (up and down) on new Z1000 bikes? i will wait and buy the new 2020 Model when available.
Due to the new fee regulations Norway that make the Z1000 1300- 2000 Euro cheaper
Are quikshifter bad for gearbox?
racer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 06-13-2019, 08:26 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No! Quickshifters are not bad for the gearbox!
I have not heard any informations about Kawasaki adding quickshifters to 2020 Z1000 but that would be great!

Cheers from Sweden!
JohnJuan likes this.
Erajk is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 06-15-2019, 04:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Trebor4460 weak gearbox on the gen 4, good chance 4th gear dogs will get damaged, i know from bitter experience, and i know of 3 others who fitted a quickshifter and there 4th gear let go too...
Trebor4460 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 06-21-2019, 03:32 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Norway-Rogaland-Stavanger
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks for answer


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erajk View Post
No! Quickshifters are not bad for the gearbox!
I have not heard any informations about Kawasaki adding quickshifters to 2020 Z1000 but that would be great!

Cheers from Sweden!
racer is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 06-21-2019, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Norway-Rogaland-Stavanger
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks for answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor4460 View Post
Trebor4460 weak gearbox on the gen 4, good chance 4th gear dogs will get damaged, i know from bitter experience, and i know of 3 others who fitted a quickshifter and there 4th gear let go too...
racer is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 06-21-2019, 04:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The reason the Z1000 has no down blipper is because of the manual (cable operated) throttle instead of electronic. Downblipper requires ride-by-wire throttle so that the computer can open the throttle body to increase RPM's for downshift, with cable throttle it cannot do that. Same goes for traction control, the ignition system is too old to integrate. The electronics on the current Z1000 are still essentially the exact same as those on the 2010 model year bike, and without a modern ECU and electronic throttle, none of these features are possible.

I would imagine that at this year's EICMA we will see a new 2020 Z1000 as the current model is over 5 years old (10 years techincally because the 4th gen is same as 3rd gen), and I would find it hard to believe that it would use manual throttle still, even if it uses the same engine as before.
rcannon likes this.
Ungarisch is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 06-22-2019, 02:58 PM
Member
 
Zar16Z1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
Hello

I live in Norway

Do someone have a answer way kawasaki don`t deliver quikshifter (up and down) on new Z1000 bikes? i will wait and buy the new 2020 Model when available.
Due to the new fee regulations Norway that make the Z1000 1300- 2000 Euro cheaper
Are quikshifter bad for gearbox?

Z1000 are no that desirable and they are not actual sport bikes, therefore quickshifter is not offered. If you look at ZX10, they have it from factory. No, quickshifters are not bad for the bike, I have HQ quickshifter on my 2016 Z1000 and it's fine, no issues, downside is that it's ONLY up-shifts, no auto-blip or downshifts.


I have to say this tho, every year more and more manufacturers putting quickshifters on the bikes now, it's same as paddle shifters on the car, you see them more now.

2016 Z1000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zar16Z1000 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 06-23-2019, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Norway-Rogaland-Stavanger
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungarisch View Post
The reason the Z1000 has no down blipper is because of the manual (cable operated) throttle instead of electronic. Downblipper requires ride-by-wire throttle so that the computer can open the throttle body to increase RPM's for downshift, with cable throttle it cannot do that. Same goes for traction control, the ignition system is too old to integrate. The electronics on the current Z1000 are still essentially the exact same as those on the 2010 model year bike, and without a modern ECU and electronic throttle, none of these features are possible.

I would imagine that at this year's EICMA we will see a new 2020 Z1000 as the current model is over 5 years old (10 years techincally because the 4th gen is same as 3rd gen), and I would find it hard to believe that it would use manual throttle still, even if it uses the same engine as before.
Thanks for great technical explanation this is a great forum to ask, i am werry happy for that. Then i will pay attention and hope that Kawasaki at EICMA i november will show a new Z1000 2020 model with new and update electronics
racer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome