User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-22-2019, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Long trip equipment

So I'm planning on going a long trip this summer all around Greece and I could use some advice. 1st of all I'm planning to buy a full givi bags set ( saddle bags and top case with back rest for my lady.already have a tank bag ) but I dont know anything about the other wind shields cause I only had the stock one( I dont care about appearance cause I will use it only for trips, the only thing i care is to be comfortable for me and my girlfriend ) . Also what about the seats ? I saw some seats that are for traveling but they are way too expensive to buy them just for some trips( I also saw z1000sx seats looks good and comfy and the back of the sx looks like ours , are the seats of the sx fits ours ?) Theres a local store that can turn mine into gel- anatomic so I'm thinking to buy a second seat from Ebay and get it fixed. Has anyone travelled long distance trips? What gear did you use ? I have a gen 3 one.

Last edited by Bandicoot92; 04-22-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-23-2019, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone? :/
post #3 of 8 Old 04-23-2019, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
All I can say is there's a thread somewhere on this section of an individual who listed the how to's and such for long distance riding. Can't help you any more than to just try and dig for it. The one thing that I remember specifically are the luggage racks, tank bags and fuel containers used during the trip. Perhaps those are some key words for a search?

2010 Black/Silver

post #4 of 8 Old 04-23-2019, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Garage
Passenger review for my bike was to get something different for long 2-up trips. The ergonomics of that passenger seat have knees and hips at too tight of an angle. A Concours 1000 can be bought for about the amount of money you're planning to spend on hard bags and saddle. I got mine for $1100. Comfy saddle and hard cases are included! It's certainly not as fast, but it's close enough, and it actually handles decently.

I haven't found a windscreen that is quiet.

There was a TopSellerie in France that appeared to make custom seats, that would give a passenger another 1 inch/2.5cm of height, which would likely be helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-24-2019, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansZ1000 View Post
All I can say is there's a thread somewhere on this section of an individual who listed the how to's and such for long distance riding. Can't help you any more than to just try and dig for it. The one thing that I remember specifically are the luggage racks, tank bags and fuel containers used during the trip. Perhaps those are some key words for a search?
Before I post this I did a search , the only thing i found was long trip advices and I read all the thread , the didn't talk about accessories or gear at all. That's why I'm asking here . Do you remember the title of the thread your talking about ? It would be helpful , thank you .
post #6 of 8 Old 04-24-2019, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJuan View Post
Passenger review for my bike was to get something different for long 2-up trips. The ergonomics of that passenger seat have knees and hips at too tight of an angle. A Concours 1000 can be bought for about the amount of money you're planning to spend on hard bags and saddle. I got mine for $1100. Comfy saddle and hard cases are included! It's certainly not as fast, but it's close enough, and it actually handles decently.

I haven't found a windscreen that is quiet.

There was a TopSellerie in France that appeared to make custom seats, that would give a passenger another 1 inch/2.5cm of height, which would likely be helpful.
I'm planning to travel el at low speed about 120-140 with many stops, but wind is a problem even at those km ,so I think I will try the double bouble windscreen and a fixed seat . I don't want to buy another bike cause I love mine and I want to take the z for the trip. Which windscreens did u use , and you say they are not quiet at high speed or even at the speed I'm looking for . Than, you for your answer.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-24-2019, 09:46 AM

Garage
I've tried Stock (of course), Zero Gravity Double-bubble, and California Scientific. Both the big screens are louder in the helmet than stock, and stock gets you a lot of wind pressure, but at leas there isn't much buffeting. Yes, they're noticeably louder at 100 kph or so.

Pashnit has a thread that's worth reading:

https://www.z1000forum.com/forum/z10...aki-z1000.html

Here's a windscreen thread too:

https://www.z1000forum.com/forum/z10...nd-screen.html

Last edited by JohnJuan; 04-24-2019 at 10:16 AM.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-29-2019, 02:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot92 View Post
.... I don't want to buy another bike cause I love mine and I want to take the z for the trip...

I just want to restate that I understand this. My passenger was in tears from the pain. A Concours 1000 is really so little money relatively, and actually handles and accelerates decently. This wasn't like buying some old Vulcan or something.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page