Gen 4: Build Thread for Soldieringon - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-10-2019, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Build Thread for Soldieringon

It's pretty quiet around here on a Sunday morning.

It is the winter, of course. We even have snow here in SoCal.

So I thought I'd share some pictures of my baby.

When I brought her home.

Look, ma, no miles!!!!

Of course the first thing was to clean up the back end.

Motodynamics tail tidy and an integrated smoked signal were ordered literally the night I got home.

Then I busted a mirror on the freeway. I smacked the mirror of another vehicle at about 85Mph, which sent my mirror spinning. I couldn't get ti to tighten down again, so I bought mirrors from Rizoma (good god those things were expensive)

This is also when I discovered that the bar end weights were actually plastic caps and that my mirrors buzzed and vibrated now.

Of COURSE, UK bar end weights and Italian mirrors aren't compatible, so I had to find a machinist to mill the weights a hair until the mirrors fit.

You can see them in the next photo.

See? Those silver bar ends. I heard people on the forum saying that they made a difference in the way the bike feels, but I can't tell.

I really wanted to do something a bit different, so I ordered some illegal items off of a UK website. They've made the bike worse to ride, but better looking IMHO.

They decrease the amount of light put out, and you should be aware of that. Between that, an iridium visor, and the narrow field of vision from the Z's lights, I recommend extra vigilance at night if you do the same. Thankfully I mostly ride during the day.

Next up on my list are CRG levers (just put them on my wife's FZ-07, and she says that they made a "meh" bike into a wonderful bike.), and then a Puig Rafale universal windscreen. I'll adjust it down and back. I don't care for any of the other windscreens out there.

My dream mods are to throw a pair of Bodis cans on with an AKra set of headers and Ivan's mod, but I have bills and don't want to run up the credit card.

Anyway, good morning from sunny (and unseasonably cold) SoCal!

Last edited by Soldieringon; 02-10-2019 at 11:16 AM. Reason: ninja edit for broken image link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-10-2019, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Nice

2016 Z1000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page