User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 01-17-2019, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Exhaust servo removal question

Do I need to tune/dyno the bike after removing exhaust servo?

2016 Z1000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Zar16Z1000; 01-18-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-20-2019, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
no buddy,
post #3 of 18 Old 05-06-2019, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor4460 View Post
no buddy,
so when we install the new exhausts we just remove the servo cables and thats it?

post #4 of 18 Old 05-06-2019, 04:24 PM

yep, cables out and leave the motor there to spin, then you get no f1 light ..
post #5 of 18 Old 05-06-2019, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My 2017R didn't have servo and valve on either of stock exhausts!
post #6 of 18 Old 05-07-2019, 04:17 PM

usually onlly 1 servo, and its mostly for meeting regs, if u in the states might be lapser regs to meet,
post #7 of 18 Old 02-13-2020, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
This is what both SERVOBUDDY & IXIL Exhausts shared with me - I am replacing the 2016 Stock Exhaust with the IXIL SX1, it's not a performance issue but aesthetics & sound - cleans the bike up so small children approach the spaceship but both they & adults run away when the engine starts;

From Jeremy at Servobuddy;

Hello Dr. Mark,

You can leave your original exhaust components (factory exhaust pipe, exhaust control valve, exhaust valve push/pull cables) intact if you wish (rather than replacing with a full exhaust system), however it is recommended that you disconnect the servo motor from the cables and remove it completely from the bike, the valve will be spring loaded and default to the full open position as long as the original motor has been removed. The cables can stay, just zip tie them up out of the way so they don't get caught up in anything. The Servo Buddy's purpose is to prevent codes when the original exhaust servo motor is removed, therefore if you have no codes, and the original motor is removed, it is working. There are no additional concerns for your particular model. Hope that helps, if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Jeremy Decker, customer service

e. [email protected]
p. (970) 639-0513
w. www.skutr.net

From Chris at IXIL

Mark,
I have a had a few customers mention that they used the Servobuddy. I personally do not have direct experience with installing the Servobuddy so I can not speak in depth about it but from what I have read and heard it is a must for removing the errors after a full exhaust install. After all you are just removing more weight from the bike which is always a good thing. We will have to look into the distribution for this product it would be a nice addition with the exhaust. Thanks for all your input.
Chris

[email protected]
Phone 317-284-1348
post #8 of 18 Old 02-14-2020, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Garage
Hi Doc! I just unhooked the cables at the exhaust and zip tied them out of the way -as Jeremy described. Later I re-attached them to the stockers for a three day journey. Once back home I re-zip tied'm. No error codes, ever.

I believe I later just took the cables out and vowed to never put the stock exhaust back on. No servo, although I have one rtg if ever needed.

do you have a pic of your rig somewhere?

_____
bone stock. sorta.
post #9 of 18 Old 02-14-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koggs View Post
Hi Doc! I just unhooked the cables at the exhaust and zip tied them out of the way -as Jeremy described. Later I re-attached them to the stockers for a three day journey. Once back home I re-zip tied'm. No error codes, ever.

I believe I later just took the cables out and vowed to never put the stock exhaust back on. No servo, although I have one rtg if ever needed.

do you have a pic of your rig somewhere?
My bike arrives in the next few days, sometime between the 18th & the 21st & its probably why I am waffling on about the Z rather than riding it.

Why did you reattach your stock pipes for the 3 day journey?

Here is a photo of the Z in the owner's* garage in Florida, it only has 900 miles in 2 years but the reason I knew this was the best opportunity in the USA was the Blue Donut seat in the picture.

*owner was 5 foot 7 Japanese guy, meticulous about everything but said it was too much bike & I believed him - he said the dealer in San Diego didn't allow test rides on the Z new & he fell in love with it through Z Forum & other reviews but within 50 miles of leaving the dealership he realised; much too much Bike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG952325.jpg (103.7 KB, 2 views)
post #10 of 18 Old 02-14-2020, 06:31 PM

Hopefully it doesn't have the 4th Generation 4th gear issue like so many people talk about as I purchased the bike without physically testing it.

Bike is completely stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page