What's my bike worth... - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnJuan
  • 1 Post By BriansZ1000
  • 1 Post By BriansZ1000

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-08-2018, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
What's my bike worth...

I've considered selling it, but honestly I don't think it's worth squat anymore since many prospective buyers are afraid of purchasing any bike over 20K miles...
It's a 2010. Completely stock. Cans have been powder coated. Bike has never been laid down. There are scrapes on one can from getting too close to my house when trying to maneuver it out of the garage. The gas tank does have rock chips and as you can see the wind screen needs some love. It is a commuter bike. No stunts and I don't even know how to do a proper burnout on a bike. Valves were just serviced and new front fork seals last summer. Oil, sprockets and chain have been faithfully replaced.
Pics:

Still has the same performance and MPG it always ever had...

2010 Black/Silver

Last edited by BriansZ1000; 05-08-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-09-2018, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you're just looking to get "some" cash for it, it's a great candidate for a project bike for some street fighter guys I know. Consider posting on Custom Fighters - Streetfighter & Custom Motorcycle Forum & Blog | Custom Fighters. A lot of those guys aren't afraid of mileage because they are going to mod the hell out of it anyways... Sorry for posting on a forum about another forum, but wanted to throw the idea out there for you. Good luck!
post #3 of 10 Old 05-10-2018, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Never thought of that. Appreciate the info.

2010 Black/Silver

post #4 of 10 Old 05-10-2018, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage
Are you planning to replace it with something different? Mine's only at 42k, and I don't see any other Z1000s on the local craigslist with even half that, so I'm betting I wouldn't be able to convince anyone to give me more than about $3k for it. I'd list mine for about $3500, I think.

I feel like mine is worth way more to me riding it than anyone would want to give me for it.
2Wheels likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-10-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking on it a lot during the winter, but have since changed my mind now that I'm able to ride again. I was more curious than anything. I mean it's paid for, it still rides like a dream, has all the power I need and still looks relatively decent.
JohnJuan likes this.

2010 Black/Silver
post #6 of 10 Old 05-11-2018, 11:15 AM

Garage
That's essentially where I am too. I haven't ridden anything that's better enough to be worth the money. Mine's paid for this month, and I'm very excited about that.

Also, a new windscreen and rear saddle should run you like $100 together on ebay, if they bother you.

Last edited by JohnJuan; 05-11-2018 at 11:18 AM.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-11-2018, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Put some money into her and she can look like a million bucks again! Don't let some newbie pick her up on craigslist and crash her into a ditch! A story that is a far too common unfortunately....
post #8 of 10 Old 05-26-2018, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Bought mine, a 2010 mostly stock but with motodynamic fender eliminator and LED sequential light for $3500 cash. Owner needed cash to buy house. Bike had 12000 miles and very minor paint chip otherwise looks new.

Personally, I'd pay less than $2000 for anybike that have over 60000 because it's a gamble as most engine parts will be worn despite not showing any problems at the moment. I'd say just keep on ridding till it falls apart if you are not in dire need of cash.

Current Ride: 2010 Kawasaki Z1000
Previous Ride: 2001 Triumph RS, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650, 1998 Yamaha Majesty 250
post #9 of 10 Old 05-30-2018, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

I disagree on the worn engine parts thing as long as it's well maintained, but I do understand where you are coming from. Now that riding season is here I have no intention on selling. Am just more curious than anything. I'll most likely ride this thing until the cost doesn't justify the means.
JohnJuan likes this.

2010 Black/Silver
post #10 of 10 Old 05-30-2018, 12:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkmodo View Post
Bought mine, a 2010 mostly stock but with motodynamic fender eliminator and LED sequential light for $3500 cash. Owner needed cash to buy house. Bike had 12000 miles and very minor paint chip otherwise looks new.

Personally, I'd pay less than $2000 for anybike that have over 60000 because it's a gamble as most engine parts will be worn despite not showing any problems at the moment. I'd say just keep on ridding till it falls apart if you are not in dire need of cash.
Damn, that's a good deal. I'd expect if the seller wasn't in such a pinch, they would have wanted at least $1000 more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansZ1000 View Post
I disagree on the worn engine parts thing as long as it's well maintained, but I do understand where you are coming from. Now that riding season is here I have no intention on selling. Am just more curious than anything. I'll most likely ride this thing until the cost doesn't justify the means.
Agreed on the engine parts angle. Modern engines just don't wear out as fast as many people think they do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page