Why did you pick the Z? - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 Old 04-23-2015, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why did you pick the Z?

Honestly, until the option to trade for my Z came up, I had never heard of it. I was raised on Harleys and later Buells. We always had quads and the occasional dirt bike but never anything remarkable. The thought of having a sport bike was never something that interested me. Other than a few Ducati models owned by friends I couldn't have told you much about them either. Then this wonderful hybrid fell in my lap. I get all of the enjoyment of a sport bike without having to visit the clinic after every ride!

I love my bike now. After making it my own and adjusting to the riding style of it, I wouldn't have it any other way.

What was the defining moment for the members here that made this bike something you wanted? Styling? Power? Handling? I am just curious of what makes up a Z rider's mind when picking this over other nakeds on the market.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 Old 04-23-2015, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Was looking for a standard, bought an ER6n initially, saw the Z next to it, really liked the way it looked and promised myself one day it would be mine. Voila.

2010 Black/Silver
post #3 of 63 Old 04-23-2015, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
100% due to the $1500 price tag. If I would have chose a bike, I would have gotten a CBR. But I am very happy with my Z and plan to keep it till its pointless to have anymore.

'03 Z

post #4 of 63 Old 04-23-2015, 12:48 PM
jvs

Saw the YouTube reviews and motorcycle test ride videos and had to have one.

Haven't looked back since.

#3rd gens for life!
post #5 of 63 Old 04-23-2015, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
I mean... Come on...
TheDoctor likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 63 Old 04-23-2015, 01:33 PM

Garage
Decided I did not like the idea of paying the insurance company a 250% premium for a "race bike". Did some research and found that there were a couple of choices where manufacturers made effectively the same bike without plastic and the insurance guys called them "sport touring" or "standards" and cut the insurance by a huge margin.

The Z1000 and the FZ-1 were the two that peaked my interest, and let's be honest, Kawasaki did a way better job with the styling.

Found a good deal on a buddy's friend's bike with next to no kms on it, and voila!

$149/year insurance and a litre bike with some pretty spectacular handling between my lets. Win/Win.
TheDoctor likes this.

ď Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." - Dr. AR Dykes
post #7 of 63 Old 04-23-2015, 01:59 PM

Power Delivery
Seating Position
Handle Bar
Insurance
Handling
Minimal Plastic
TheDoctor likes this.

2013 Kawasaki Z1000:
Yoshimura Fender Eliminator. Arrow Single Thunder Full Exhaust. K&N Air Filter. Rhinomoto Bar Ends W/CRG Blindsight Mirrors. Kawasaki Tall Windscreen. Two Brothers Racing Juice Box. Stebel Intimidator Horn. Meetalgood Shorty Levers. Speigler Brake Lines with EBC HH+ Pads. Yoshimura Swingarm Spools.
post #8 of 63 Old 04-23-2015, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As my dad pointed out. The bike has an attitude problem. Also it eats children, no one knows what it is, surprises supersports when I pass them in a turn(People around here cant corner for ****)
TheDoctor likes this.
post #9 of 63 Old 04-23-2015, 05:46 PM

I was looking for a larger engine with a more vertical position and handlebars. Was initially looking at a new FZ-09 or duke 690 but happened across a Z review on YouTube, found a NOS '13 for an awesome price an hour from me and have been loving every minute of it
TheDoctor likes this.
post #10 of 63 Old 04-23-2015, 06:46 PM

Hi,
I was away from bikes for a while - work and family commitments.
When it came time again I didn't want a CBR or R1. I liked the new MT-07 or 09. Looked around online reviews and the Z won. Also, the Z1000 has been a major player for a long time.
I am glad I went for the Z, I am loving it.
TheDoctor likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page