User Tag List

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 08-05-2016, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Wrecked My Z :(

So this morning when I was leaving the house I pulled my Z out of the garage down to the street and started it to let it warm up while I went back the garage to put on my gear. Everything as normal. When I get back to the bike and hop on I noticed my elderly neighbor across the street outside walking around his house and glancing over at me. I think he was upset about the noise of my exhaust as my bike was warming up. So, in an effort to not piss him off too bad I released the clutch and gave it a little throttle.. i was trying to not gas it too much to not make as much noise until I got down my street. Bad move. I didnt give it enough throttle and the bike stalled as I was in a left lean and down she went at about 10-15 mph. I get up off the ground and there's my baby lying there, wounded.
I look up at my neighbor and he just turns around a walks in the house and closes the door not saying a word or offering to help. Needless to say, I was frustrated. Damages include- cracked lower cowl, scratched mid cowls, scratched cover, broken rear set, scratched up mirror and bar end, possibly bent handlebar, and scratched muffler. Im ordering all new parts except for the cover that I'll paint up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 08-05-2016, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Also, does anybody know the best way to get this clip piece off the back of my rear set so I can take the peg out??

Nevermind, i got it out with a flathead

Last edited by Newcreation777; 08-05-2016 at 06:51 PM.
post #3 of 25 Old 08-06-2016, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage
Owie Sad to see this. Neighbor sounds ...old. Should've helped you out.
Newcreation777 likes this.

post #4 of 25 Old 08-06-2016, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry about the damage, hate to see it on nice bikes. I've learned to not let jackasses (regardless of age) get to me. When someone is looking at me, doing whatever I'm doing, and I'm not being an azz myself, I just go about my business. If they are being very obvious and giving me the stink-eye, I'll just stare back at them and the intimidation usually makes them look away.

Unfortunately you now know that old jackass is no friend of yours. I would remember his attitude the next time he needs some help with something.

Last edited by mariodesmo; 08-06-2016 at 01:53 AM.
post #5 of 25 Old 08-06-2016, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. It does suck. Total cost for repairs is $430. I could have just painted over the scratches on the cowls but it would still bug me to look at so I've ordered new ones. Luckily, I still have the $2700 from the insurance claim from the last guy that knocked her over so that will pay for these fixes. It sucks when somebody else damages your girl, but even more so when YOU do it! I take real good care of my Z and for me to have done this tryin to be nice to a neighbor.... Arrgggh!
post #6 of 25 Old 08-06-2016, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcreation777 View Post
.... Arrgggh!
Haha! Count it all joy my friend

_____
bone stock. sorta.
post #7 of 25 Old 08-06-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koggs View Post
Haha! Count it all joy my friend
Haha! When you're right, you're right. And you my friend, are absolutley right! I'm thankful to God that it wasn't as bad as it could have been and I'm ok. The bike will be completely fixed and looking purdy again very soon.
Koggs likes this.
post #8 of 25 Old 08-07-2016, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Garage
This is why I tend to clutch it on slow tight turns. The Z has too much bottom end power and is too twitchy to feel comfortable clutch out.

At the same time IDGAF and I'll make some extra noise to be able to ride how I want to ride. I'm not going to change what I'm doing or how I do it just because one person thinks it's too loud. If that were the case I would sit inside my house all day with everything turned off so I wont bother anyone.

There will always be that one person that complains just because they don't want someone else having fun.

Glad you have insurance monies to pay for the repairs and it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I was thinking you ended up looping it somehow while I was reading your post.

"You're not drunk until you have to grab the grass to keep from falling off the Earth."

"It's not a party until someone throws up on a stripper."

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 25 Old 08-07-2016, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Goddamn man, that sucked to here on the eve of getting your paperwork in order again. It's always amazing how one simple drop causes so much damage. Glad you were ok and had the extra cash on hand to take care of the pretty bits!

3B

Check out my Motovlogs at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 25 Old 08-07-2016, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Bones View Post
Goddamn man, that sucked to here on the eve of getting your paperwork in order again. It's always amazing how one simple drop causes so much damage. Glad you were ok and had the extra cash on hand to take care of the pretty bits!

3B
Right?? I get my license reinstated tomorrow morning and now I have to wait all week to get a near rearset before I can ride the beast. Oh well, this Saturday I'll have it all fixed up and I'm hittin Pikes Peak!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page