Popping and flames - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 07-30-2016, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Popping and flames

Sooooooooo I got myself a 2012 Z1000. So far i really like it. Feels really powerful. Coming from an 05 zx10r, i can say it's not as fast but it's a lot stronger, and probably more fun to ride.

So far it has stock headers, custom made Y-pipe, dual akrapovic exhausts. It has an EJK fuel control. Is there any way i can stop the flames and the popping with the setup that i have? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-31-2016, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Could try plugging the PAIR valve might help the popping on decel
post #3 of 12 Old 07-31-2016, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nateking View Post
Could try plugging the PAIR valve might help the popping on decel
Will look into that. Will this cause any problems? Or should I just leave the popping and just leave it be?

Would an Ivan's ECU flash get rid of it?

Last edited by kerwinsee; 08-01-2016 at 12:01 AM.

post #4 of 12 Old 08-01-2016, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Garage
An ECU flash and a proper tune will fix it.

"You're not drunk until you have to grab the grass to keep from falling off the Earth."

"It's not a party until someone throws up on a stripper."

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 Old 08-02-2016, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

We don't have tuners here. so will have to do an ecu flash and hope it's already at the best it can be.
post #6 of 12 Old 08-02-2016, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Garage
If you're getting the ECU flashed by Ivan, get his tune too. I don't know if he has any maps for that programmer but he sells the kit with a power commander and everything you need to fix your problems as well as make much more power.

"You're not drunk until you have to grab the grass to keep from falling off the Earth."

"It's not a party until someone throws up on a stripper."

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 08-03-2016, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have the same model but running Yoshi Cans, Arrow Headers, K&N, Bazzar Module and tuned by Race Centre - Jed Metcher.

They did an AWESOME job and the bikes is amazing in all parts of the rev range.

But, to keep best performance, it will pop and fart..... High state of tune.
post #8 of 12 Old 08-03-2016, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwinsee View Post
Sooooooooo I got myself a 2012 Z1000. So far i really like it. Feels really powerful. Coming from an 05 zx10r, i can say it's not as fast but it's a lot stronger, and probably more fun to ride.

So far it has stock headers, custom made Y-pipe, dual akrapovic exhausts. It has an EJK fuel control. Is there any way i can stop the flames and the popping with the setup that i have? Thanks
Wouldn't he need blockoff plates and to delete the pair valve (could have meant this but wanted to specify for clarification)? That along with Ivan's flash you would have a very nice setup that should eliminate the popping. You could also add the tune with a new PCV but might be pointless unless you do a full header.

Last edited by Bearilla; 08-03-2016 at 04:46 PM.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-04-2016, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the inputs. I might get an Ivan's flash soon and ask him what else i need to do. I already have the dual pipes, probably the only thing lacking now is the header and a flash. So far it has an EJK fuel control but I haven't played with it yet.

How do you know if the bike is running rich or lean?
post #10 of 12 Old 08-04-2016, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwinsee View Post
Thanks for all the inputs. I might get an Ivan's flash soon and ask him what else i need to do. I already have the dual pipes, probably the only thing lacking now is the header and a flash. So far it has an EJK fuel control but I haven't played with it yet.

How do you know if the bike is running rich or lean?
Spark plugs, they will show you all you need to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
Wouldn't he need blockoff plates and to delete the pair valve (could have meant this but wanted to specify for clarification)? That along with Ivan's flash you would have a very nice setup that should eliminate the popping. You could also add the tune with a new PCV but might be pointless unless you do a full header.
I think so... i got the block off kit with my whole performance package from Ivan. I did not however get headers right away. I waited a year and installed them this year. They do make a big difference though! Ivan included both maps installed on the power commander so you can just buy the headers and switch maps and you're set!

3B

Check out my Motovlogs at:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page